January!
January is always a little bit sad, leaving Christmas behind, putting away the Christmas lights and decorations, but thank goodness we have lots to look forward to, to make it that much easier. First we had the birth of Truman William Ricker on the 10th. He's absolutely adorable and he has made me very antsy for April to come. It can't get here soon enough. I'm 29 weeks along, feeling and looking more like 38 weeks.. but who's counting? ;) We've also had a plethora of birthdays already and have had fun celebrating those. Jade (Jay's brother) left for BYU-I a few weeks ago and we were sad to see him go, but very excited for him. Jay has once again started school at Mt. Hood, working on his pre-reqs in hopes to apply to Nurse practitioner schools in the future. We have high hopes of no surgeries or hospital stays this year that could potential delay things again. Jay's health is well and he's feeling great. He's on a few medications this time around, for one of them, he has to go to the hospital every 8 weeks to have the medication infused into an IV. It's hard to tell what is and isn't working, because typically Jay doesn't have the typical "Crohns" symptoms... but time will tell. If he has no surgeries or hospital stays this year... then it must be working! ;)
We're very excited for the new year and can't wait for many more memories with our families and our little ones. Gwen and Oscar are such a delight and we can not wait for Otis to join us. And I can't believe that this year I will have a FOUR year old. Gwen is hilarious and adventurous and keeps us entertained at all times with her facial expression, comments and that sweet smile. She also keeps us on our toes with her delightfully dramatic sassy self and challenges us in ways we are NOT looking forward to when she's older, but never the less, she is our sunshine! Oscar is at the perfect age.. talking a ton more and is so excited about the littlest things in life. He is my sweet, lovable boy who I adore. His excitement is contagious, he is quick to react, but quick to apologize. He is always wanting our acknowledgement in every little things he does, from doing something brave, like jumping... to his little, sometimes non existing, owies, that can't possibly get better with out a kiss from mom. These two are completely different in every way and I love that about them. I couldn't have asked for two better kids to challenge me as a parent, while at the same time slap a big smile on my face for their unique qualities and little personalities. And I can't wait for Otis to get here so I can get to know him and I can only imagine the happiness he will bring to our family. I am so very grateful for these little ones.
Here are a few pictures from this month so far...
January is always a little bit sad, leaving Christmas behind, putting away the Christmas lights and decorations, but thank goodness we have lots to look forward to, to make it that much easier. First we had the birth of Truman William Ricker on the 10th. He's absolutely adorable and he has made me very antsy for April to come. It can't get here soon enough. I'm 29 weeks along, feeling and looking more like 38 weeks.. but who's counting? ;) We've also had a plethora of birthdays already and have had fun celebrating those. Jade (Jay's brother) left for BYU-I a few weeks ago and we were sad to see him go, but very excited for him. Jay has once again started school at Mt. Hood, working on his pre-reqs in hopes to apply to Nurse practitioner schools in the future. We have high hopes of no surgeries or hospital stays this year that could potential delay things again. Jay's health is well and he's feeling great. He's on a few medications this time around, for one of them, he has to go to the hospital every 8 weeks to have the medication infused into an IV. It's hard to tell what is and isn't working, because typically Jay doesn't have the typical "Crohns" symptoms... but time will tell. If he has no surgeries or hospital stays this year... then it must be working! ;)
We're very excited for the new year and can't wait for many more memories with our families and our little ones. Gwen and Oscar are such a delight and we can not wait for Otis to join us. And I can't believe that this year I will have a FOUR year old. Gwen is hilarious and adventurous and keeps us entertained at all times with her facial expression, comments and that sweet smile. She also keeps us on our toes with her delightfully dramatic sassy self and challenges us in ways we are NOT looking forward to when she's older, but never the less, she is our sunshine! Oscar is at the perfect age.. talking a ton more and is so excited about the littlest things in life. He is my sweet, lovable boy who I adore. His excitement is contagious, he is quick to react, but quick to apologize. He is always wanting our acknowledgement in every little things he does, from doing something brave, like jumping... to his little, sometimes non existing, owies, that can't possibly get better with out a kiss from mom. These two are completely different in every way and I love that about them. I couldn't have asked for two better kids to challenge me as a parent, while at the same time slap a big smile on my face for their unique qualities and little personalities. And I can't wait for Otis to get here so I can get to know him and I can only imagine the happiness he will bring to our family. I am so very grateful for these little ones.
Here are a few pictures from this month so far...
"Mom, look... Tree is broken!"
I looked and sure enough... the tree was broken.
You know that phrase "She marches to the beat of her own drum"?
This rings very true for our girl Gwen.
We hadn't seen Avie in TWO weeks over Christmas, so she made sure to give Uncle JayJay and giant hug when she saw him.
Baby Truman was born on January 10th! What a cutie!
When I held him for the first time, a whole bunch of Oscar memories came flooding in. Truman reminded me so much of Oscar, so I pulled up some photo's and here's what I found. Isn't it crazy! They have different eyes and noses... but they could be siblings
The Monkey hat I made for Truman
It "snowed" a few days in January and here is Oscar outside while it's snowing, just waiting for it to stick. But sadly, it never stuck. :(


These two... best of friends!
I'm sad Avie is blurry.. but they would NOT STOP jumping for me to take a picture. Avie LOVES to go in and wake up Oscar in the mornings when I watch her.
These two are best friends too... Gwen exclaimed right before this picture... "Finn, I just love you!"
My brother Aaron let me keep his cute toy box that my dad made for him when he was a kid, so I'm guessing my dad made it around 1975? It needs to be sanded, then probably repainted and it needs new fabric... but look how cute it is? It says Aaron John on the front. I would like to keep the original paint, but we'll have to see how it looks after sanding a few rough edges. I'm IN LOVE with it! And it seems as though Oscar is too.
Jay took Gwen up to the mountain again... needless to say, she LOVED it! She is such a trooper and loves adventures. Her favorite is the ski left and the SNOW! Jay says she will fall on purpose, just so she can play in the snow for a few seconds.
Quinn had her 6th birthday party a couple of weeks ago and a gymnasium gym and the kids were in heaven! It was the cutest thing, watching them all run around on the balance beam and swinging on the rope swing. Gwen loved it and I'm now I'm left thinking I need to put Gwen in gymnastics. She had no fear and had a blast! Thanks for the fun Arnell family and Happy birthday sweet Quinn! We love you!!
It was a surprise party, Quinn thought she was showing up to open gym and was very confused and thrilled when we were all there. It was pretty cute!
P.S. Lars... here's your pregnant picture you were asking for. Good enough... right! :)
Oscar sliding down the mat
Of course, ever so cautiously. I love this boy!!
Gwen on the rope swing! She could have done this ALL day!
Gwen and Quinn on the balance beam. Gwen loved this too!
The group surrounding the birthday girl! :)
Rope swing again
Quinn blowing out her candles
And I'll leave you with this picture of our Oscy Woscy! :)
XOXO




























3 comments:
Remicade is AMAZING and really helped my Crohns... I developed antibodies after being on it for roughly 6 months, and am now and Humeria.. its not nearly as effective as the Remicade, but it is nice not having to go get infusions every 6-8 weeks.
Ummm, thank goodness Oscy is wearing his snow suit in that last picture with all that snow you have!! Too funny. He should stay with us for a couple of days... He would be in snow heaven. Thanks for all the fun pics!
So many fun pictures! It makes me miss you guys. I love that Jay is teaching Gwen to ski...they'll have so many fun memories. And you can send Oscar here too to play in some snow. We just got dumped on!!! But that means you all better come too. We need to see you guys :)
Post a Comment