Monday, March 6, 2006

Here we are...

hey everybody. jay here. thanks for all the comments last time we posted, it makes us feel popular. maybe we'll start posting more often.... maybe. so life is good around here, Heather is still loving her job. and i like mine too... when i don't feel too drowsy. as you all read on Leslie's site, i had to go get a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago... it was funny to look at the people in the waiting room with me.... they were all at least double, if not triple my age... and then there was me, a 22 year old trapped in a 65 yr old body... that just gave us something to laugh about. i really was dreading the HOLE thing.... i mean whole thing, and the doctor told me before hand that the worst part about the procedure was the laxatives you take twice, the day before the event. i didn't believe him, but now lookin back, he was absolutely right. i hated the stuff, and tried to take it for the second time the night before and couldn't keep it down... it all came straight back up... Heather and Julie (aka family julz) were watching Alias and i hope i didn't disturb their party too much. so after waking up about 6 times to "run" to the bathroom (with the runs), we woke up and headed to the hospital for the coloscopy. Heather could tell that I was not looking excited, but she helped me through all of it. i went in and they connected the I.V. and i told them to give me as much sedation possible and requested the smallest scope they had... I think they listened to my requests... I don't remember anything from that point on (which is exactly how i wanted it) and the when i woke up, i saw Heather standing above me (shes a great wifey). and i remember looking around noticing that i was not in the operation room anymore, and was also worried about my Mommy that was flying in that day also. i guess that heather and I had the same conversation over and over... i was like "10 second Tom" on fifty fist dates... you all know who I'm talking about. but finally i was pretty much awake, and we left.... results came back and said that i have Crohn's Disease... I'm on some pretty serious antibiotics that make me really weak, and take away my appetite... even Pizza doesn't make me drool anymore. so Heath has to force feed me pretty much everyday, but those of you that know her would probably be surprised to hear that she is actually making me some pretty dang good meals... she makes chicken with corn and potatoes, whips up some grubbin eggs and many other good treats. you all would be impressed. well that's life around here... I have to be on those pills for 4 months, and they say that the 1st month is the worst... lets just hope so. thank you all for your concern and prayers... im sure they are helping a lot.
Muchas Gracias. con amor, Jay Arnell

1 comment:

Julie Rowlett said...

Jay, Im so proud of you for updating everyone xanga-style. I just wanted to give you a post on this super long thing cause you deserve it after all that hard finger exercise.
Oh, sorry you have a disease. :)