August! I'm having a hard time remembering everything we did and it wasn't even that long ago. Good thing I have pictures to remind me :) On one hot (and when I say hot, I mean a 95 degree day) August day we gathered out at Todd & Jacki's for some pool time. Todd & I spent more time in the pool than the kids. They preferred the 5 gallon buckets with warm water instead. Kids these days.
We also enjoyed a day at Oaks Park, an amusement park in South Portland. Leslie gets tickets from her work every year and we look forward to reaping her benefits. Now, if we can somehow finagle free dental. Workin' on it. Anyway, the kids loved every ride they went on and we spent the whole day on the kid rides. The kids were hilarious. I love the look on their faces. Scared, but yet having the time of their lives.
We also celebrated Jay's grandpa's 78th birthday! Most of the Ricker clan gathered in The Dalles and we enjoyed a fun afternoon together. When there's a bunch of Rickers, there's always a good time.
Like my previous post, my roommates from Utah State came for a weekend get-away at the beach and that was a great, fun, relaxing weekend. The following weekend, Jay flew to El Salvador, where he served his mission. It was a quick trip, but I'm so glad he was able to go. El Salvador dedicated their very first temple! Incredible! Before now, they traveled into Guatemala. So I'm so happy he was able to be there for the dedication. Wished I could have joined him, for sure!
We also enjoyed a day at Oaks Park, an amusement park in South Portland. Leslie gets tickets from her work every year and we look forward to reaping her benefits. Now, if we can somehow finagle free dental. Workin' on it. Anyway, the kids loved every ride they went on and we spent the whole day on the kid rides. The kids were hilarious. I love the look on their faces. Scared, but yet having the time of their lives.
We also celebrated Jay's grandpa's 78th birthday! Most of the Ricker clan gathered in The Dalles and we enjoyed a fun afternoon together. When there's a bunch of Rickers, there's always a good time.
Like my previous post, my roommates from Utah State came for a weekend get-away at the beach and that was a great, fun, relaxing weekend. The following weekend, Jay flew to El Salvador, where he served his mission. It was a quick trip, but I'm so glad he was able to go. El Salvador dedicated their very first temple! Incredible! Before now, they traveled into Guatemala. So I'm so happy he was able to be there for the dedication. Wished I could have joined him, for sure!
Hanging out at home
A fun gathering at some friends house


The kids love it when Grandpa waters his grass...
Grandpa Windsor's birthday!
The End.


1 comment:
That picture of Gwen in the bucket is ADORABLE!!! I especially love that Quinn wanted a bigger bucket...too funny.
Post a Comment