Monday, May 11, 2009

Catch up!

We've had some fun couple of weeks since our last post...

I started work on my birthday the 30th of April and had a great day. There's just something about a birthday that makes you in a good mood even if you're getting old :) Work was fantastic! I really missed my co-workers, my kids and the craziness of it all... although I missed the little Gwena lu... It felt good to be back. Jay treated me nice, bringing me lunch and then later taking me out to dinner... Indeed a great day. Thank you all for the birthday calls and texts :) The next day we met the Stewart's and Shauna up at the zoo. It was a fun day and it was fun to watch little Bentley with the animals... those that were out anyway. Then Jay's aunt Val came and stayed with us for a couple of nights, we also had a BBQ with her, Jay's cousin Cam with a K and his wife, who live in American fork. It was a fun evening. Jay and I also started our soccer league... it's been so much fun and it feels good to be playing again... even if I am tripping over my own feet :)

... but the most exciting news.... Jay graduated!!! Yay!!! He finished his classes last week and then graduated on Friday. I am SO proud of him... what an accomplishment. Some of his family members came for the occasion and it was such a fun weekend. They arrived Thursday night, they frolfed on Friday morning (I worked) then we were off to his graduation that afternoon. Then drove up to Eden Utah to stay the night at a nice time share with lots of fun things to do. Then back to Salt Lake on Saturday, packed up all of our belongings into a trailer that the Rickers brought and then frolf again that night. They left Sunday morning with our belongings and we were sad to see them go. We are so grateful they came to share this special time with us and we are so grateful to them for helping us move our stuff. Our plan is to move home when my school year is over.... 4 weeks. So we packed everything but some clothes, Gwen station, air mattress and the microwave.

Gwen is doing wonderful! She's reaching and grabbing things, talks (cooing if you will) all the time and is always smiling and making the funniest faces and best of all... sleeping from about 10:30 t0 8:00. She had her 2 month check-up on the 28th of April and here are her stats... for those who like the stats :)

Weight: 10.95 (55%)
Height: 23 in (75%)

Okay and here's some pictures as well


Here's Gwen laying on the table at her 2 month check up
She handled the shots like a pro

Here she is holding her celly telly rattle,
she'll hold on to it for like 20 minutes

It's my birthday!

T, Jenn and Cami at the Hogle Zoo

Little Rian (Cami's little one) so excited about something :)

Bentely boo! I love this face

Gwen showing off her skills

Jay, Aunt Val and Cam with a K

Jay waiting for his name to be called

Gwen & I at Jay's graduation... Gwen was so good the whole time

Congrats Jay!

The Rickters... I think this might be our first family photo
and note... I'm holding diploma upside down. awesome.

A proud papa

The Ricker fam with the graduate
Jordo, Kat, Dust, Jay, Gwen, Chum and John man




Gwen all cute in her seat
Her arms and legs are quite small compared to her HUGE cheeks and necks:)

Dusty... sleeping like a Ricker on the way to Eden Utah

Jay's graduation dinner in Eden Utah

Ricker boys love them some babies

Ricker blues

Cousins!

Jordo stretching before some racquetball

The boys showing their moves

Gwen showing off her drool, cheeks, and chins

Tether ball!!

Eden Utah

If you haven't been to this valley... then you definitely should

and last but not least... an amazing face by the Gwenster

and some videos for your viewing pleasure...


Jay and Jordo had enough of racquetball and played something else...



Gwen enjoys looking at this other baby in the mirror



Talking with U. Chummers


We're looking forward to a great last couple of weeks here in Utah and hope to see most of you Utahans before we jet out. Take care ya'll

9 comments:

Josh and Leslie said...

She is seriously the cutest! I love the video of her looking at herself in the mirror! So adorable! She looks older every time you post....less than 4 weeks!! Yessss........

Lauren said...

So excited that you'll be home so soon and that I'll finally get to meet Gwen!! I'm looking forward to living in the same state again-first time in 4 years, can you believe it? Thanks for all the pics! So proud of Jay for graduating. I wish it were me! See you SOOOOO soon!

Yari said...

Que Divina!! She is sooo beautiful!! Me encanta! I just love her! :) Ricker hicistes un buen trabajo! Felicidades! Que linda ella en el video que se ve en el espejo...Gwen va algo avanzadita, porque esta haciendo todo lo que mi Katie hace a los 5 meses...que bien!! :)

Krystal said...

How sad! I can't believe you guys are leaving so soon! We need to get together! You better not leave without seeing us first!!!

Radfords said...

Wow so crazy that your time is almost up here. You guys have been busy. Sorry we missed your bday...happy belated birthday heather. Lets kick it before its too late.

The Carey's said...

Gwen seriously has the cutest clothes! Have fun with the move to Oregon.

Krista Griffiths said...

No...Gwen is getting soo big already and I still have 5 or 6 weeks til we get to meet her!! They grow so dang fast!!! She is adorable! Jackson loved all the videos :) Congrats again on graduation Jay!!!

Brad and Jamie said...

What a fun post! Your little Gwen is such a cutie patootie! You guys made me laugh so hard at the "human raquetball"! Seriously, you're nuts!! Tell Jay Congrats on graduating (really cute pics of you guys on that day) and of course, I gotta love the zoo pics too! I'm glad you got to see Cami on that day...it's too bad I couldn't come too! Good luck with moving and hopefully we'll see you sometime soon!

Allison Hill said...

Congrats Jay on graduating!! And I LOVE that video of Gwen looking at herself in the mirror. That is just too cute! She's adorable!