A couple of weeks ago we went up to Logan for my uncle Brent's 60th surprise birthday party. We saw LOTS of cousins, aunts and uncles and even Grandma. We were glad we were able to go since we'll be moving and won't see them as often. After the party we went to the Stewart's and stayed the night. It was a fun weekend and it was fun to watch Bentley with baby Gwen. What a cutie.
Then this last weekend was the Barton Park camping trip which originally we were going to miss due to us moving home 2 weeks later. I didn't really want to make the drive with a baby twice, but when it came down to it, we just couldn't break tradition... or miss out on all the fun. So Tuesday night we decided to go. So we called up Jenn to see if she wanted to join us (since I knew she wouldn't make it home until Thanksgiving). We decided to make it a surprise since some of the family still hadn't met Gwen, but I did call my dad to let him know to make sure there was enough sleeping room and food. So We left Thursday evening after Jay was done with work and met Jenn in Brigham at 11:00 PM and then we were on our way. My parents were out at Barton Park already, so we stopped and surprised the Rickers (Josh and Les) first around 9:00 AM (We knew they were home). Then we were off to my parents house, my dad had told my mom that he had forgotten some stuff so they needed to go back to the house. About the time we were getting there, he told her to sit down and that he had a surprise for her. He told her to cover her eyes and wait. So then we all piled in. I have the video of her reaction and it is good. You'll have to check it out at the bottom of this post. The Crawfords, Toddy, Jacki and the Rickers were working and busy all day, so we decided to surprise them at Barton Park. It was such a fun weekend and we're so glad we went. I don't know what I was thinking... How could I have neglected Gwen of her first Barton Park experience. She LOVED all the attention she got from everyone. What a spoiled girl with so many friends, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandma's and grandpa's.
Logan, Utah
Logan, Utah
Gwen & Quinn
Ash & GwenWe can't wait for cousin 8 & 9 to join them in just a few months :)
Here's the video of us surprising my mom... notice that Gwen is the first surprise... and then she saw Bentley. So good!
And here is a short one of us surprising Josh
I wish we could have gotten Leslie's reaction, too... hers was quite good.
We drove back Monday, which is never a fun thing. but the 2 kids did great! I have no comparison... but for a 3 month old... Gwen traveled fabulously! We had a wonderful trip and want to thank our parents for taking such good care of us. We love you guys! Now to wait a whole 'nother year for the next Barton Campout.
Oh' and we're planning on blessing the Gwenster on June 14th in the Powell Valley word back in Oregon. All are invited... we'd love to have you there. Just call us for further details.
4 comments:
OK I am way jealous of your pictures...looks like so much fun!!! Wish we could have been there. The cousins are all sure cute playing and hanging out together. And fun to see a pic of my mom holding Gwen...hopefully she will have a baby to hold here soon!!!
That video of Josh was pretty good...glad there's not one of me since I was wearing practically nothing answering the door!! What was I thinking!! So glad you guys came! I'm surprised there isn't more pictures of me and Gwen since I pretty much had her the whole weekend :) A week and 2 days!! Yaaayyyy!! Happy cleaning out of the apartment this weekend...it will be sad to not have that great pad close to downtown. It was the perfect spot and many, many great memories there!! We're excited to have our dobles and triple home where you belong...love ya!!
haha those videos were great! I love surprises like that! I can't believe you guys are moving so soon...good luck with it all! We'll have to catch ya next time we head to Oregon! :) Gwen looks so cute in all those pics and you are looking great too heather! Looks like such a fun time on your trip! Take care
Love the picture of Gwen in her car seat sporting her cute pink outfit...such a doll. You're picture of Bentley with her is way better then mine. Great pictures of Barton, so glad I was able to join you guys for the ride. Thanks again.
Post a Comment