First of all…. congrats to the new parents Toddy and Jacki with their adorable little Quinn, she is so incredibly cute and I can’t believe I won’t be seeing her for another 4 weeks. Well… things here are great, Jay has one more semester at the LSDBC and then we have to decide what to do next…. Portland State or stay here and go to the U. We're torn to say the least. I absolutely love my job as a counselor (at a residential program) working with teenage girls BUT working weekends and swing shift are getting the best of me. I actually applied to a new job last week as a behavior specialist (still a part of Valley Mental health) at a school-based setting. It would be Mon-Friday at a regular school, in a classroom with kids who need help behaviorally. The pay is the same BUT I can get my Social Service License (SSW) and get paid a few dollars more. I would love to go on and get my Masters in Social Work... but that probably wont happen until Jay is done with school.. So SSW it is! I just ordered the study guide for the exam so that's probably what I'll be doing for the next couple of months. I've been looking at jobs in Portland… and would you believe the pay is less. YIKES! I would definitely need to get my SSW in order for us to even consider moving home. Anyway, I'm going to tell my supervisor tomorrow and I'm dreading it…. especially since I don't even know if I have the job, but I want to give her a heads-up just in case. She has been super nice to me with so many things… she has me set up to go snowboarding this March with the girls and then I'm going to a dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) conference in Denver next month as well. So even if I don't get the job… I'll still be happy with the job I have now…. It really is a fun job… the best part.. I get paid for it!
Anyway, we're excited to go home in a month for the wedding! Good job Mamacita for getting all the invo's done! Oh' and I finally went to the social security office to change my name.. I waste no time I know. For the most part I'm a Ricker… but at work … I'm still an Arnell. So it'll be official in about two weeks… ALL Ricker baby!
Onto the fun stuff....

Sawyer in his new Utah State onesy

Mimicking Jay I'm sure

Prima and Bob.... celebrating Les' birthday at Red Robin

Josh, Les and Sawyer buns at Red Robin
Sawyer lickin those lips

Les and Jay haning out one Sunday when JR was in town

"sup dawg"

JR Hangin with the little man...
OR as Jay says....
Sawyer hangin with the little man








6 comments:
I'm confused. Is the kid yours or leslies? You remind me of me when Joseph was born. With the amount of photos I took of that kid, you'd think he was mine too. A least he's great subject matter.
Very, very cute of my little boy!! We gave him another haircut and shaved the back side of his head so it matches his bald spot...and cut the top a bit. It looks way better...thanks for the fun night on Friday! Can you believe we forgot our Cafe Rio?? I can, it was a given...hope Jay enjoyed it!!
Thanks, Headow, for all those pictures! Sawyer is so cute and I can't wait to see him. I'm torn. I want it to be March NOW so I can see him but I'm not ready yet for the wedding! Guess I'll just have to wait, but the pictures sure do help! Sooo........what do we have to do to get you to move here to go to school? Let us know :). Keep us posted on your job status! Love you lots, Mamasita.
Good luck with the job stuff. I like knowing what is going on in your life, and of course always love looking at the pics. Miss ya!
Ha. Sawyer with the little man. Good one, Joto.
Good luck with the job searching, Heathbar! Though, getting paid to go snowboarding? I must be in the wrong line of work! So sad I'm missing you guys in March! you don't need to go to jr's wedding. I mean, there have already been so many in your family, whats one more? :) Miss ya whore!
So here I am reading your post and I asked Bob if he had heard about you applying for the new job... he informed me that it is old news and Jay told him last week. What the crap... I am out of the loop. So when do we get to see you guys next? How much studying to you have to do for this test??? Bob has started studying for his CPA exam... sucks for me. Love ya.
Post a Comment