Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Gwen on a bike!

Gwen has had her Stider bike for a year now and LOVES it. She's a pro on it and scares me half to death, half the time. During our Barton weekend Jay decided to put her on a friends bike just to see. And sure enough, she just took off like it was nothing. I guess we should have tried this months ago. A total of three kids learned how to ride a bike that weekend. We love Barton!!

Here she is on her Stider..


And here she is on the bike... 
 
  
 
 


 We went on a family bike ride one beautiful Saturday evening. We invited our friends, the De Leon's and headed to Spring water trail. Oscar and Otis were in the trailer and Gwen rode her bike. We went two miles and decided we better turn around since it was only Gwen's second time actually riding a bike. She did awesome. She fell a few times, but got right back up and hopped back on the bike. She wanted to ride fast and "win" everyone. The girl is fearless and tough. She's the coolest! At one point I said to her "Gwen, I wish I could be as cool as you" as which she replied; "mom, you are!". Like I said... She's the coolest!









Now to get Oscy on the Stider... this might take some work. He'd rather be picking flowers or playing in the middle of the road. ;) Oh' Osc... I love that kid!

No comments: