Warning... this post is lengthy. I'm documenting our trip for journal reasons. Fast forward to pictures if you'd rather.. ;)
We left Wednesday evening and drove straight to Boise where we stayed the night with Jay's Aunt Val. We arrived there at 2:30am and went straight to bed. We got up and visited with Aunt Val for a bit and she made us french toast. Yum! Then we were on the road around 10:00. Thank you Aunt Val for having us. :) We got to Salt Lake around 3:00 and headed straight to our good friends Coleman & Amanda Radford. We hung out there for a bit then decided to get an early start on eating at our favorite places.. first one... The Pie Pizzeria. We called up friends and had everyone meet up. We had a great turn out and loved every minute of it, catching up with everyone. Such great friends we have.
We got to Boise at 2:30am Idaho time and Oscar was wide awake. This is Oscar sitting in the dark watching a movie on our old iPod. This worked great the whole weekend. It doesn't have sound without earphones, so after 10 minutes he is OUT!

We got to Boise at 2:30am Idaho time and Oscar was wide awake. This is Oscar sitting in the dark watching a movie on our old iPod. This worked great the whole weekend. It doesn't have sound without earphones, so after 10 minutes he is OUT!
The Pie Thursday Night
We
have Trevor & Ali Linthorst, Miles Westover,
Marcus & Amanda Pratt, DiVall and Quincy, Coleman & Amanda
and their two kids, and the Kimmings-Karr clan.

Friday afternoon we went to a park/frolf course to meet up with my sister Shauna and my cousins Kim and the Griffiths familia. This frolf course is one of my favorites, probably because Jay & I spent many many many many days there when it was just the two of us. The Griffiths and Kim live in AZ, but just happened to be in town the same weekend. What Luck! We visited at the park for a couple of hours and let the kids play with each other and we got to meet cute little Luke who was only 5 weeks old. I had a bit of a cold, so I didn't' hold him... but man, is he sure CUTE! We had a lovely time. I wish AZ wasn't so far away. We sure miss them!


That evening we headed to South Jordan where one of my roommates, Trish's parents live. Her parents were kind enough to let us all crash there. We had homemade Cafe Rio and enjoyed the evening catching up, meeting little ones we had never met before and laughing about old times. The kids had so much fun. In fact, I don't think I saw Gwen that whole evening. :) We had so much fun spending time with these families. Love them! We stayed up super late just talking and I think we finally called it a night around 2:00. The next morning we all had breakfast and then Hannah and her family left, having to head back home. Later that day, Jay left with the kids and Trish's sister came and watched the rest of the kids and us girls went out to a movie. After the movie we went to Leatherby's for ice cream. Yum! Then after that, we headed back to Trish's... where Trish, Miaken, Lars and I stayed up late once again just talking and enjoying each others company. I had so much fun. I really do look forward to this every summer. I love these girls so much! And I truly missed you roommies who couldn't make it and I sure hope we can ALL reunite next summer. Love you girls! Xoxo

Sadly... the only picture I have of my roommate gathering. How terrible is that? We were having just too much fun I suppose. ;)
Sunday we had lunch at the same park with the frolf course. We met up with a mission friend of Jay's, Morgan Jones and her family, The Radfords, Westovers and Linthorsts. It was fun catching up and then frolfing a bit. Thanks for coming, you guys! That evening we headed over to South Jordan, to visit Papa Wes, Mama Page and their whole family. It was fun to see all of them again and to have Gwen & Oscar play with new friends. After dinner we went to a park and just hung out and let the kids play. Thank you Radford family for having us. We love you guys!
Sunday afternoon frolf with Trevor & Ali Linthorst, Miles & Kesley Westover, Radfrods and not pictured is Jay's mission friend Morgan Jones, her husband Dave and their two kids.


Two trouble makers! ;)

The Radfrod Clan... and us Rickters

That night we headed to Bountiful and stayed the night with the Kimmings-Karr familia, we got there pretty late, so the kids went straight to bed and we stayed up visiting some. The next day we went to a park in Sugarhouse for lunch, the Kimmings joined us and we met up with my old college friend from Utah State, Eric and his cute wife, Laura and little boy Norris. We visited, ate lunch and let the kids play on the playground for an hour or so then it was nap time! We had so much fun seeing these guys, it had been years!!! Thanks for coming Vawdrey's!! :)
Later that day we headed back to Bountiful and went swimming with the Kimmings-Karr family, and Shauna came from Provo and joined us. We enjoyed the warm sun, Gwen & Oscar loved the shallow water and the slides. They did not want to leave. We picked up Cafe Rio for dinner and headed back to the Kimmings-Karr residence. We stayed up late once again talking and enjoying their company.

My lovely sister, Shauna! :)
Tuesday morning we were on the road by 9:30 and they kids did such a good job. We were sure proud of them, they really did do awesome the whole trip. We had a wonderful time in Utah. We are sad that we missed a few friends while we were there, and hope we get to see them next time. 4 days just isn't enough time to see everyone we wanted. Thanks to all our good friends who came and met us either at parks or restaurants... we really appreciate it, and loved seeing you. We absolutely love Oregon, but we sure miss all of our Utah friends. So many great memories. Thanks guys! We sure love ya!

Frolfing with Cousins Friday Afternoon.
Bob with baby Luke, Jay with Oscar, Bryn, Jacks and Gwen
Bryn & Gwen... cute little Prima's!
Shauna, Kim, Myself and Prima
That evening we headed to South Jordan where one of my roommates, Trish's parents live. Her parents were kind enough to let us all crash there. We had homemade Cafe Rio and enjoyed the evening catching up, meeting little ones we had never met before and laughing about old times. The kids had so much fun. In fact, I don't think I saw Gwen that whole evening. :) We had so much fun spending time with these families. Love them! We stayed up super late just talking and I think we finally called it a night around 2:00. The next morning we all had breakfast and then Hannah and her family left, having to head back home. Later that day, Jay left with the kids and Trish's sister came and watched the rest of the kids and us girls went out to a movie. After the movie we went to Leatherby's for ice cream. Yum! Then after that, we headed back to Trish's... where Trish, Miaken, Lars and I stayed up late once again just talking and enjoying each others company. I had so much fun. I really do look forward to this every summer. I love these girls so much! And I truly missed you roommies who couldn't make it and I sure hope we can ALL reunite next summer. Love you girls! Xoxo

Sadly... the only picture I have of my roommate gathering. How terrible is that? We were having just too much fun I suppose. ;)
Okay, I lied. I have TWO pictures of my roommate gathering. This being the second one at Leatherby's. It was delicious!
Sunday afternoon frolf with Trevor & Ali Linthorst, Miles & Kesley Westover, Radfrods and not pictured is Jay's mission friend Morgan Jones, her husband Dave and their two kids.


Two trouble makers! ;)

The Radfrod Clan... and us Rickters

That night we headed to Bountiful and stayed the night with the Kimmings-Karr familia, we got there pretty late, so the kids went straight to bed and we stayed up visiting some. The next day we went to a park in Sugarhouse for lunch, the Kimmings joined us and we met up with my old college friend from Utah State, Eric and his cute wife, Laura and little boy Norris. We visited, ate lunch and let the kids play on the playground for an hour or so then it was nap time! We had so much fun seeing these guys, it had been years!!! Thanks for coming Vawdrey's!! :)
Later that day we headed back to Bountiful and went swimming with the Kimmings-Karr family, and Shauna came from Provo and joined us. We enjoyed the warm sun, Gwen & Oscar loved the shallow water and the slides. They did not want to leave. We picked up Cafe Rio for dinner and headed back to the Kimmings-Karr residence. We stayed up late once again talking and enjoying their company.

My lovely sister, Shauna! :)
Tuesday morning we were on the road by 9:30 and they kids did such a good job. We were sure proud of them, they really did do awesome the whole trip. We had a wonderful time in Utah. We are sad that we missed a few friends while we were there, and hope we get to see them next time. 4 days just isn't enough time to see everyone we wanted. Thanks to all our good friends who came and met us either at parks or restaurants... we really appreciate it, and loved seeing you. We absolutely love Oregon, but we sure miss all of our Utah friends. So many great memories. Thanks guys! We sure love ya!
Until next time, Utah! Adios!








No comments:
Post a Comment