Happy New Year, friends! 2012! When I say it in my head or out-load & it just doesn't seem right. Does it? We had a wonderful Christmas Season. The kids are at a fun age and Gwen loved every house that would be covered in "Christmas". Santa was nice to the kids and brought Gwen a Tea Set & Oscar fun little car ramp with cute cars. Gwen also was given Bolt, a stuffed animal from her Grandma Arnell & he is by her side always. It's ridiculously cute. I'll try & get pictures of Christmas up soon.
I don't do this often enough, but I just wanted to document a few things about our life at this very moment. :)
Gwen will be 3 here in just a few short weeks. I can't even believe it. she keeps us smiling with her humorous self and contagious giggles. She can be quite the moody queen and she'll let you know when she's not happy. She lowers her eyebrows, pouts those lips and her only communication is through groans. It's lovely. ;)-Her giggle. I can't help but smile and giggle myself when I hear that sweet sound.
-Facial Expressions. I can watch her do anything, like eat a bowl of cereal and with every bite I can see 20 different expressions.
-Her love for boots. She has about 4 pairs... two that are torn & smelly but she loves them none the less.
-When she's playing by herself & I hear her sing "I am a child of God".
-Her protectiveness over her brother. If he gets anywhere near top of the stairs she always says, I mean yells "careful Oscar" and she has saved him from the stairs more than once.
-Her love for her big cousins Sawyer & Quinn. They walk in the room and her whole world lights up. It's precious & heartwarming.
-When she's hungry she tells us "my tummy is hurted".
-She loves the Beatles and loves to watch & sing along to The Beatles Cartoons.
-She loves items. LOTS of items. It doesn't really matter what the items are, but she'll carry them around in a box, bag, her pockets, a hat or purse and the items are different everyday.
-The way she says "Sponge Bob Square Fish Pants".
-She loves Mickey. Oh' man, does she love Mickey! She carries around all of her "friends" which includes a Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, a Mickey t-shirt & Bolt.
Oscar. Oh' Oscy. Our little man! He is such a good sleeper & eater and loves to cuddle & give kisses. He challenges us at times, being super "needy". It can be frustrating when we're trying to hang out with friends, eat at a restaurant, sit through church and no matter what we do, he whines or cries. He does this more often than not. Let's just say we try not to go anywhere with out that binky! ;) Recently he took his "professional" crawling skills & upgraded to wobbly walking. He's doing well and loves his new-found freedom. He is my sweet love-bug!
Things I want to remember at 15 months...
-How he grins and says "cheese" when I want to take a picture of him.
-His sign for please... he rubs his hand on his stomach as fast as he can, as to be asking: "PLEASE CAN I HAVE FOOD NOW!!".
-His sign for water. He does it wrong, putting one finger up/on his nose.
-He can say "nana" (banana), "puppy", "daddy", "bumpa" (Grandpa), "pease" (Please), "ease" (Cheese), "mama", "uh-O", "helwo" (hello), and "ball".
-He walks "bull-legged"
-We can put him down for a nap or bedtime and he'll put himself to sleep.
-When he dances to music. He claps his hands, kicks his feet, bobs his head and will crawl in a circle/will walk in circles.
-He is TICKLISH! You barley touch the kid and he giggles.
-He LOVES food. Oh' my gosh, does the boy love food! bottomless pit!
-When Gwen does something mean, He gives me a look like "why would she do such a thing" but as soon as she apologizes and gives him a hug, All is right with the world again!
-When he gets excited, he kicks his feet :)
-In the middle of the night I'll wake up to him singing the tune "good day sunshine" he sings it a few times, then falls right back to sleep.
-He LOVES Teri. He prefers Aunt Teri over anyone... even mom & dad. It's quite precious.
Jay has decided to go back to school. Going back to be a Spanish Teacher/Professor was always the plan, but life as we all know it, takes us in different directions and it took longer then expected. But possibly a blessing in disguise. He currently works for a non-profit medical clinic. He manages a clinic that is on a van (a big RV), he drives the van to different locations and also translates for the Doctor & nurse and they help the low-income and uninsured with medical needs. He loves his job, he loves the community that he works with daily and because of those things, he has changed his career path to become a Physician Assistant. The plan is for him to go part time to get his prerequisites, which will take possibly two years, and then apply for PA schools which will be a 24 month program. He is getting the experience he needs working at his job now, and that will help out a ton when time comes to get into PA schools. He is excited and he is ready for this step. He just stared school at Mt. Hood last week and is taking 9 credits. We're going to miss him while he's gone, but we know it's the right thing to do. I'd like to say "I can't wait for him to be all done", but then I'd be wishing away all these precious moments with my little ones. If the whole schooling takes just 4 years, my little Gwen will be almost 7. And we all know, that day is going to be here in just a blink of an eye.
Heath. I am doing well too. I love being home with Oscar & Gwen. They are delightful little "hams" and they always know how to make me smile. I started selling my crocheted hats & baby props on Etsy and have sold a few. I have sold a ton to friends and neighbors around here. I love creating and learning new patterns. You can visit my shop at www.etsy.com/shop/HeatherlySent, if you'd like to check it out. I'm in need of some models for my hats, if anyone is interested :) I don't like using myself to display the hats, So please, if anyone want help me out with this... just let me know. I'll even make you a hat for doing it :)
-Facial Expressions. I can watch her do anything, like eat a bowl of cereal and with every bite I can see 20 different expressions.
-Her love for boots. She has about 4 pairs... two that are torn & smelly but she loves them none the less.
-When she's playing by herself & I hear her sing "I am a child of God".
-Her protectiveness over her brother. If he gets anywhere near top of the stairs she always says, I mean yells "careful Oscar" and she has saved him from the stairs more than once.
-Her love for her big cousins Sawyer & Quinn. They walk in the room and her whole world lights up. It's precious & heartwarming.
-When she's hungry she tells us "my tummy is hurted".
-She loves the Beatles and loves to watch & sing along to The Beatles Cartoons.
-She loves items. LOTS of items. It doesn't really matter what the items are, but she'll carry them around in a box, bag, her pockets, a hat or purse and the items are different everyday.
-The way she says "Sponge Bob Square Fish Pants".
-She loves Mickey. Oh' man, does she love Mickey! She carries around all of her "friends" which includes a Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, a Mickey t-shirt & Bolt.
Oscar. Oh' Oscy. Our little man! He is such a good sleeper & eater and loves to cuddle & give kisses. He challenges us at times, being super "needy". It can be frustrating when we're trying to hang out with friends, eat at a restaurant, sit through church and no matter what we do, he whines or cries. He does this more often than not. Let's just say we try not to go anywhere with out that binky! ;) Recently he took his "professional" crawling skills & upgraded to wobbly walking. He's doing well and loves his new-found freedom. He is my sweet love-bug!Things I want to remember at 15 months...
-How he grins and says "cheese" when I want to take a picture of him.
-His sign for please... he rubs his hand on his stomach as fast as he can, as to be asking: "PLEASE CAN I HAVE FOOD NOW!!".
-His sign for water. He does it wrong, putting one finger up/on his nose.
-He can say "nana" (banana), "puppy", "daddy", "bumpa" (Grandpa), "pease" (Please), "ease" (Cheese), "mama", "uh-O", "helwo" (hello), and "ball".
-He walks "bull-legged"
-We can put him down for a nap or bedtime and he'll put himself to sleep.
-When he dances to music. He claps his hands, kicks his feet, bobs his head and will crawl in a circle/will walk in circles.
-He is TICKLISH! You barley touch the kid and he giggles.
-He LOVES food. Oh' my gosh, does the boy love food! bottomless pit!
-When Gwen does something mean, He gives me a look like "why would she do such a thing" but as soon as she apologizes and gives him a hug, All is right with the world again!
-When he gets excited, he kicks his feet :)
-In the middle of the night I'll wake up to him singing the tune "good day sunshine" he sings it a few times, then falls right back to sleep.
-He LOVES Teri. He prefers Aunt Teri over anyone... even mom & dad. It's quite precious.
Jay has decided to go back to school. Going back to be a Spanish Teacher/Professor was always the plan, but life as we all know it, takes us in different directions and it took longer then expected. But possibly a blessing in disguise. He currently works for a non-profit medical clinic. He manages a clinic that is on a van (a big RV), he drives the van to different locations and also translates for the Doctor & nurse and they help the low-income and uninsured with medical needs. He loves his job, he loves the community that he works with daily and because of those things, he has changed his career path to become a Physician Assistant. The plan is for him to go part time to get his prerequisites, which will take possibly two years, and then apply for PA schools which will be a 24 month program. He is getting the experience he needs working at his job now, and that will help out a ton when time comes to get into PA schools. He is excited and he is ready for this step. He just stared school at Mt. Hood last week and is taking 9 credits. We're going to miss him while he's gone, but we know it's the right thing to do. I'd like to say "I can't wait for him to be all done", but then I'd be wishing away all these precious moments with my little ones. If the whole schooling takes just 4 years, my little Gwen will be almost 7. And we all know, that day is going to be here in just a blink of an eye.We are well, we are happy. We are enjoying our home, as Gwen still calls it "our new house". I wonder when she'll decide it's not new anymore. It fits us nicely and we're enjoying it together.

4 comments:
love gwen and oscar!!! love the updates on your familia! love the rickters!!
Loved the family update! I had no idea you had an etsy shop! You are so talented! Good luck with school Jay, exciting!!! Your kids are adorable.
What the crap Heathbar! You are amazing! I'm so impressed with your hats! and your kids are cute too.
I don't think i ever mentioned how awesome that is for Jay, and the fam, that Jay decided to be a PA! 4 years doesn't sound so bad but when you say how old Gwen will be, that's crazy!
Cute update of the kiddos! Cant wait to see them this summer!!!
Post a Comment