Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July, July!

Life in the Northwest = Greatness.
Minus the heatwave that's been going on the last couple of days... we're talking 3 digits people. It's even too hot to swim (Is that possible?). Don't make fun of us Oregonians... We never get heat with humidity like this. Yuck!
Anyway, Jay found a job a couple of weeks ago as a medical translator. So far he likes it a lot, but it's been hard getting 40 hours a week. So we'll see how it goes.
So things are going great and we LOVE being close to family. And Gwen loves the attention. Who wouldn't???
Well, here's what we've been up to through pictures... so here you go...

My dad's birthday...

Grand kids loving on the birthday boy

Todd and Jacki
(and Josh, making Jay look bad by helping out around the house)(Jay)

The bonch... I mean bunch

Toddy jumping with Soy and Quinn


My cousin Kevin was in town last week so our families had a BBQ together


dad's frolfing buddy...



Mom's swimming buddy...




Bath time...





The Dalles Parade....

Gwen's first parade

The rest of the bunch

Dusty zonked on the way home...
I love how Gwen has her hand resting on his arm


Mossytree swimming...

Gwen relaxing under her umbrella

Chad, Soy and Jaylo

And Chummy... Breathing through the water weenie


Frolfing...

Gwen sleeping in the stroller

The girls after a game of frolf


Visiting the Kimball's
(The parents of a high school friend of Jay's... he spent a lot of time over there)


The Aussies in town....

Kimmings family came to visit a couple of weeks ago, we decided to take them to the beach. Of course, it started to rain the second we arrived in Seaside, but luckily it stopped and the next day we were able to walk around and do some fun stuff.
Thanks "heaps" for coming you guys!



The Kimmings... Tulsa, Jono, Alex & Annie

Los Rickter


All of us at Seaside

Gwen obviously enthused by the beach...

Some miniature golf

Jono loved helping out with the Gwenster

And last but not least....

A happy Gwenners


And a little video of the young lady

Hope everyone is enjoying your summer!
Take care, The Rickters

6 comments:

Josh and Leslie said...

Great post! I'm glad that most of the pictures I was there to enjoy with you guys...we LOVE having you back!! Gwen-a-Lou is quite the cutie...I missed her yesterday! And why am I not surprised to see Dusty sleeping with a sucker in his mouth?? A hygienist's nightmare!!!

Krista Griffiths said...

I can't believe the heat you guys are having!! That really is CRAZY!!! I am glad you are loving being home... Bob and I were definitely sad though that we could not see you while we were in Utah! Gwen is seriously adorable! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow!! She is going to be eating baby food soon! Wow! Love you guys!

Ireland Fam said...

I love that you are a mom. I would love it more if we were moms living down the hall from each other.

Jenn said...

I can't believe Gwen is already laughing so hard... what a little cutie. She's getting so big!! Sad we missed it all but thanks for posting all the fun pictures for us. Loved the little heart covering Gwen in the tub...cute.

slingwall said...

That girl has the best faces I have ever seen on a baby. We miss seeing you guys around. If you come to town we still need to frolf. Hope your having a great time in Oregon.

Angie said...

Your little Gwen is so dang cute!!!
You said that you hadn't seen a pic of Ricks baby, well I just posted one on my blog of Brynlie and my baby Ellee. Just thought I would let you know!! Looks like you are having lots of fun!!