Saturday, April 4, 2009

A little bit of this... and that....

Wowzers... Gwen is 5 weeks old and getting bigger every day! We haven't been up to much, Jay's been super busy with his 20 credit semester and work and I've just been trying to get this whole mom thing down... trying is the key word. How do people get anything done with a newborn around? Showering is accomplishing a lot in my world these days :)
Well Jay's brother, Jade came to stay with us for a week and it was so fun to have him here and for Gwen to meet another uncle. She loved him! but who doesn't. And then a week ago one of Jay's mission companion, Molina came from El Salv for General Conference. It's been fun having him stay with us. And Friday night we went to a mini mission reunion and then ate some pupusas after... it's always fun to get these boys together... they're all good friends and have so many funny stories. We're going to miss seeing them all the time when we move back home.
Well, Gwen is fantastic. She is continuing to sleep good and she just makes us laugh all the time. I didn't know newborns could be funny. She continues to not poop every couple of days and then decides to have a huge blow-out when mom's all alone. What a dear. And Jay continues to gag when he is here for a poopy. Seriously... Jay gagging??? If anyone knows Jay and knows all of his crazy poop stories... you would have never guessed that he's a gagger when it comes to his daughters poopy's. It's pretty funny to watch... I cry from laughing so hard every time.

Anyway, here's a bunch of pictures... see for your self... she's quite funny :)


Our very own little gangsta

She's all smiles in her sleep


"Huh?"

Oh' man... I can't get enough of the cross eyed's!

She just loved Jade... wouldn't stop smiling at him

"Ah... excuse me"
I think this is my favorite Gwen face

Quite the attitude already :)

Magnum... from Zoolander

During the day she can sleep ANYWHERE...
but at night she'll wake up to the littlest noises.

Jade, Jay, Gwen & Pratt enjoying puzzle time

All clean!

Jade frolfing


Molina with Gwencita
Molina's mom bought Gwen a little gift... an El Salv beany




Jay, Molina & Dvall down on temple square
Note... they're actually all smiling normal... this may be the first and only time

Hanging with dad

Erin and Roy boy came in to town and here's Roy looking adorable!!

Gwen getting a bath... now I know from her face you would think she doesn't like it, but she does... she sits there all calm and cute the whole time


Hanging at Pres Nelson's house
Dvall, Molina, Pratt & Weston


Jay, Pres Nelson & wife, Molina and Dvall

Hanging out with some mission amigos... Divall doing his ghost trick

From the miss:
Molina, Divall, Payne (Gwen), Pratt, Primo (who is not from the miss), Ricker and Weston

Gwena lu in her favorite spot to hang out (besides sleeping on dad)... her changing table

This one's for you Aunties
(You barley see it, but she's wearing her "I love my auntie" outfit)

Well hope everyone is doing well! Until next time....
Take care, The Rickters

12 comments:

Lauren said...

It's about time! I've been waiting for a Gwen post for...3 weeks now! You have to update more often than that! Gwen is looking more and more beautiful, no surprise there! Miss and love you!

Eric said...

Don't worry Heather, showering is an accomplishment in my world too.

Josh and Leslie said...

Man I miss her! Those posts are such a tease!! Only 2 more months...yay, yay, yay!! I think I might make a countdown chain with Soy this week...that's how excited we are! I love her faces! She MUST be a Ricker!!

Krista Griffiths said...

Oh I have been waiting for another post! She is getting bigger already!!! What a cutie! I know...newborns take so much time! It's crazy!! So fun though! You guys look like the cutest parents! Bob got some extra time off works so it looks like we are coming home for fireworks!! Brynlee will only be 2 or 3 weeks old so I probably won't be working much but we can't wait to meet Gwen and see you guys!!! Thanks for the update!

Cami said...

Heath, she's an absolute cutie. Those faces of hers are hilarious, and to capture them all on camera...nice! You are one cute momma. :) Enjoy being in Utah for 2 more months!

Allison Hill said...

Aw I love all the pictures! She sure is a cutie-you guys did good work! :)That is so funny about Jay and her poopy diapers...you better tell him it gets so much worse when they start eating solid foods!

Jenn said...

I'm with Lauren and Eric on this one... it IS about time and definitely showering is accomplishing A LOT!!! Just wait till they're down to only one nap a day and you have to decide between sleep or a shower??? Sleep gets me every time. Thank you, thank you for all the funny pictures. We were missing her. She looks like little Headow in some of those pictures. I think we're planning on heading your way the 25th???? We want to go to Hogle Zoo for Bentley's birthday. We'll see though. Either way, one of these weekends we'll be coming to see Gwen... I mean you guys, before you move. Thanks again for the post.

Julie said...

Wha!!! That last picture is SO cute. When can i come out and visit you guys??

The Carey's said...

LOVE the zoolander face!

mrs. farlanderz said...

I love the dead-on zoolander face! she must have practiced.

DeeAura said...

Dang, that Gwen is a cutie!!! :) I love every. single. picture of that face!! LOVE IT. :) And you look so good! A shower every day is a great feat with a newborn around. (At least that's what I hear...and what I assume...)

Kelly said...

You're the man. Thanks for all the help!