Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Break

We spent just over 2 weeks in Oregon for Christmas and it just flew by. We were pretty much snowed in the first week we were there due to 3 feet of snow and 0 plows. But being snowed in just gave us more time to hang out with each other... so it wasn't all that bad :) We did our usual Christmas gift exchange at the Ricker pad Christmas Eve, then Christmas morning was at the Rickers at 5:30 (after not going to bed until 2:30) then off the the Arnell's for Christmas around 10:00. It was a great Christmas but by noon I was done, or Gwen was... either way, I needed a nap and napped for 4 hours. Lame I know...especially on Christmas day... but what can a preggo girl do?
My sisters and mom threw me a baby shower while we were there and we got lots of needed things! It was awesome.. I can't believe how much you need for a little one. But thank you to my awesome sisters, sister-in-laws and moms for everything... the shower preparations, gifts, advice... everything! We appreciated everything... more than you know. We love you! And to all those who were able to come (despite the crazy snow conditions), It meant a lot to Jay and I and we REALLY appreciated it. We can't thank you enough!!!
Our second week we just hung out with family and friends, had New Years at the Dobles pad, with the Oregonian Arnells and some of the Rickers. It was nice to be with both our families.

Well, I'll let the pictures tell you about the rest of the break... So here you go...


Hanging at Todd & Jacki's new pad

Jay showing off how tall he is compared to Toddy

Teri playing with the little ones

Still hanging at Toddy & Jacki's

Playing spoons

Sawyer hanging out with Rudy (Jordan & Shanna's pup)
Soy totally got in there on his own... many times

This is the road Rickers live on...
No plowing where we come from

Jay, John and Josh

The Ricker house

Look! I sign of a plow!

Breakfast at the Rickers...
Jordan, Chum, Shanna and Jay

Hanging at the Arnell pad
Teri, Chum and myself

Dinner at RedRobin

The other half of us at RedRobin

Christmas Eve at the Rickers
Jade, Chan, Andy, Chum, Angie & Traci

Christmas morning at the Rickers... 5:30AM

Jay and myself

Sawyer excited for Christmas at the Arnell's

Christmas at the Arnell's

Gwen's first Christmas gifts... spoiled already!

Playing a little keep-away... Jay's in the middle
It was a little dangerous at times... we had to yell "time out" when we thought someone or something could get broken. Becky even ended up with a black eye.
but don't tell Judy we were playing in her living room ;)

We played for hours.... and we didn't even get caught

Bentley and myself

Eating lunch at Wallstreet Pizza

I taught Jade how to crotchet a hat.. didn't he do a great job?

New Years Eve... Jude & Rog

The little one's playing with Grandpa and Tooyie

Little Ping Pong... or a LOT!

The one's who made it to midnight new years eve

Pupsas!

Sawyer... such a ham

We had dinner with one of best friends growing up,
Angie and her husband Kyle and little boy Brian

For our last "get together" before we left, we ate at Roadhouse Grill for lunch
Here's Chad (thinking he's Santa), Teri & Randy

The Arnell clan plus Jade at Roadhouse

Quinn tackling Soy Boy...
she's a tough one and I think Soy is realizing it

Jacki, Toddy, Jay and I at Roadhouse

Les & Josh with Soy & Quinn

Saying Goodbye to John man and Kat

So Jay got this Beatles puzzle from his brother the chan chan and we spent many hours putting it together. It took lots of people and many late nights, but thanks to Josh it was finished just hours before we left back for Utah. Thanks Ricker!

This is where we were the night before we left... thinking we'd never finish
(harder than it looks people)

But it's finished... minus one piece. We don't know if it got lost or it was just a missing piece.. but we don't care... we're gluing it together and hanging it up in our living room. This puzzle was way too hard to just take a part.

Lastly, a very preggo Heath... and I still have 6 weeks left. Yikes!
Jay was a 10 pounder... so I'm kind of worried. I'm no pro like Kat... I don't know that I can handle a 10 pounder.

Well, there you have it. This was our last trip to Oregon... before we move home. Yay! We're getting really excited for this little girl to come hang out with us, I say hang out cause we ordered one already potty trained and one that sleeps through the night. We're keeping our fingers crossed. But she's been good to me, giving me a pretty easy pregnancy, although my irons pretty low and the over the counter pills didn't do the trick, so now I'm on prescription iron. My doc said that I'll feel much better when my iron is normal.... but to be honest I haven't felt all that tired... More than anything, I've noticed I look more tired and pale, but I thought that was just pregnancy. So we'll see I guess.
Work is still going great, I enjoy being able to move around and be on my feet most of the day, I noticed over the break that too much relax time made it hurt when I did walk and then I'd end up waddling and lets not forget the huge increase of swelling. So I'm thankful that I can still work and hope that I can for 6 more weeks... but lets hope a 7th week wont be necessary :)

Hope everyone had a great Holiday season!
Take care, ThE RiCkTeRs

14 comments:

Kathryn said...

oh it sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! You look like such a cute lil pregnant lady! :) I didn't know you had a name picked out yet, so exciting! We miss hanging out with you guys. Don't move until we get together again :)

Radfords said...

Oregon looked so fun! We glad you guys got back safe. Your baby stuff is so cute! Lets meet up and hang.

Erin said...

Oh Heath- you are the cutest pregnant lady around. Oregon looked so fun! I am sure it was great being home! So, what kind of stuff do you still need for Gwen? Royal wants to show some love to his future girlfriend. :)

The Oylers said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas with all of your families. So fun. I can't believe how good you look with only 6 weeks left. I look like a cow by that time. I can't wait to see pics are you little one. Miss you guys.

coca-cola angela said...

Heather, you look adorable. Sounds like a great Christmas holiday. Heard you were with my baby sista tonight playing games. How fun, wish I was there too, instead of here at work right now. :)

Monica said...

We were happy to spend some time with you while we were in Oregon. It was nice to see all of the things you did. Couldn't help but notice many of restaurant stops, now that's the way to vacation. Let us know how you and Gwen are doing, k. Love you guys.

Krista Griffiths said...

Fun post Prima!!! It was so fun to hang out with you guys while we were in Utah! We sure will miss you guys when we go to Utah and you are no longer there!!! You really are cute and pregnant! Hope the next 6 (cross our fingers) weeks go well! Love ya!

Cami said...

Love your updates! You are too cute Heather. That Gwen is going to be a real beauty. I am so excited for you! 6 weeks?! I wish I could have been at the baby shower. Looks like you guys had a great holiday! Love those Arnells :)

Josh and Leslie said...

The missing puzzle piece really just gives the puzzle personality, doesn't it? Thanks for a fun 2 weeks! Makes me think maybe...I said MAYBE...a doble summer party may be in order!! Miss you guys! See you very soon with a BABY!!! So crazy...but we can't wait to meet her!

Kristina said...

Hi Heather! This is Kris (Thomas)--your old roommate from Pine View. I found your blog through Trish's and was excited to see what you're up to. You're looking great and good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy!

joshandkristina.blogspot.com

Julie said...

I'm loving the belly pictures!!

Lauren said...

28 days to go! Less than a month! Bring her out already!

Jay and Heath said...

I agree with Lauren! Jay

Wendy said...

My favorite picture was the one with the kid in the dog house thing! And I didn't know you guys were moving back! How exciting!! Except that lessens our chances of ever gettin' together :) EVER.