We spent the weekend in Moab with the Linthorst fam and had a great time. We camped, hiked, swam and played in the sun... it was fabulous! Royal was such a champ and didn't cry more than 3 minutes the whole weekend. We didn't have enough time to see everything, so we'll definitely need to go back, but we did see and hike quite a bit.
Mill Creek Canyon

Hiking Mill Creek Canyon... to the waterfalls

Jaylo & I

Hiking in the creek

Jathan playing in the creek

Jathan playing in the swim hole

Erin & I

Jathan & I

Relaxing while Roy has dinner

Hiking back

The hike had tons of cool trails like this
Delicate Arch

Here we are hiking Delicate Arch, a 3 mile hike

Still hiking

Jay & I about to see Delicate Arch

Jay & I sneaking a peek at Delicate Arch
If you climb to this spot, you can see Delicate Arch from a different angle

Delicate Arch

Jathan & I at Delicate Arch

Little Royal enjoying the Arch too

Linthorsts & the Rickters

Jaylo & I under Delicate Arch
I had no idea Delicate Arch was so big

The hike to Delicate Arch
Double Arch

To the left is Double Arch

Erin & I, with Cool Dave & Roy boy in the back at Double Arch

Jaylo & I under one of the arches at Double Arch

The Three Gossips

Elephant Rock
We had such a great time and hope that we can go back soon. Jay & I decided that we had better start seeing more of Utah's National Parks since we only have one year left here... so hopefully we can plan a few more trips this summer.
Thanks Dave & Erin for the fun! You guys Rock!
Love, The Rickters
14 comments:
Wow- great minds think alike! I just posted all of our Moab pictures- seriously though, we had such a blast! It was the perfect weekend! Anytime you guys are up for more travelling, we are in! Thanks for coming and making the trip freaking hilarious :)
Man this is when I miss living in Utah. It was only, oh 4 short (or not so short) years ago when we did this trip with the Linthorsts, minus Roy! So fun!
Looks like so much fun!!! Jay in his "suit" is killin me!! That is one funny kid!! Can't wait to see ya in a few weeks!! We fly in on the 2nd so we'll see ya soon. :)
I'll bet all the passerbys thought you were Euro's because only Euros are bold & confident enough to hike around in a speedo like that. Euros & Jay!
Indeed... so how many generations ago was Europe and Jay?
Beautiful scenery (minus the speedo... ;P)
That looks like so much fun! That is hilarious that jay went hiking in his speedo, did you get some nice tan lines? Well keep in touch, we are going to Lagoon with the Radford family July 7th if you guys are up. Let us know!
See ya,
Amanda, Coleman, and Ike
i wasn't sure what was more impressive, the big arch or the huge elephant trunk trying to sneak out of jays sweet swim wear..... talk about casting your own shadow, wowwww!
That last one was from Todd... Wow that is so beautiful. And Jay, I have no words... You're too funny!!!
Arches is awesome. Thanks for taking us down memory lane! ~g
Que bonito el ombligo y mas abajo. Vos tenes huevos!
-Devin
Ah.... Devin... there are others around who speak Spanish too.
You guys are so much fun! Jay, the speedo looks like it was a nice touch to the outting. I hope you guys passed a lot of people on the trail!
We should get together sometime. We're living in Provo now. By the way, does Shauna live here? I swear I saw her driving a couple days ago.
I don't know what this means but I'm sitting here checking out your MOAB blog and I look down at my shirt and I'm wearing my MOAB shirt! I think it is a sign that we should move back in together. I have plenty of room for you down here in Houston! Roommies for life!!!!!!
Couldn't hardly handle all the speedo shots but also got to give credit, where credit is due... great candid shots of Jay playing in the creek and the pool one... I could almost hear Dave laughing.
Post a Comment