Thursday, February 28, 2008

11" GONE! :)


I did it! I really did it. I donated 11 inches of my hair… well, I'm going to. I still have it, now I need to decide who I want to donate it to. I think I may steal a few strands and make some kind of key chain so that Jay has hair to play with or "twitch" 24/7. I'm pretty sure it would be the BEST gift that I could ever give him. Weird I know, but if you know Jay… you’ll understand. Anyway, here are some pictures of the chop and donation… and a few from the last couple of weeks. We’re pretty excited about the fam coming this coming month!!!!

DSC05117
Short hair!!!

DSC05122
The "mop"

DSC05106
Julie came into town last week and we had dinner with Eric and Laura
It was a fun night!!! We sure love it when Julia comes to town

DSC05054
We went snowboarding with the Elders a couple of weeks ago,
it was Frances' first time. She did great!

DSC05053
Jay & I

DSC05048
Hello!

DSC05049
Frances... giving us her best moves


Take care everyone!

18 comments:

Sara & Ryan said...

I love the short hair! Way to go. I donated mine to Locks of Love about a year ago and they even sent me a cool little certificate (I think they thought I was 8 years old or something, but it sure did make me feel special!).

Jacki, Todd & Quinn said...

Cute new haircut! That's some thick hair - you'll be able to help lots of people with that. : )

Leslie Ricker said...

Cute, cute! I'm pretty sure a whole cancer wing at Dornbecker's just got hair!! Wait until they wash it and it frizzes out like crazy...then they'll curse you!!

Eric V. said...

I have been reading up on voodoo lately, and I think we could arrange a Heather doll if interested.

PS - I am looking tubby in that photo. I'll have to start abusing laxatives again to get my looks back.

Julie Rowlett said...

You know this means the Larsbien wins her hair contest right? :) You look so darling - I love the short hair! Good choice with the donation - someone will definitely appreciate it. Maybe not as much as Jay, but still.

It was so fun seeing you guys! I miss everyone so much. You have to come visit me in DC! Or maybe NYC??

Julie Kirby said...

I know Jay & I will never understand a hair fetish. Nasty! In my world we'd all be bald. Imagine all of us as hairless bodies running around. Perfection at its best!

Lauren Layne said...

Oh best friend, your short hair is so cute! I am growing mine out for Locks of Love too! No poor little girl should go without hair in my opinion. That's a great thing you did and you're lucky it looks so good :) Miss you and see you in about a month. I think we'll be down from the 22 to the 30th of March!!

Jan Arnell said...

cute do!

Jeff Arnell said...

fun times

Erin Linthorst said...

I love your hair! You are so bold- I am too emotionally attached to mine to cut it. Okay, so what's the story with you guys coming here? Did you hear about our summer plans? We are headed to Utah...

Brent Arnell said...

Locks of luck with the new do! pc

Amanda Radford said...

Cute hair Heather. I love it! It feels pretty good to have short hair.

Jenn Stewart said...

Love it! Is it weird? I can't imagine going from long, long, long hair to short.... actually, yeah I can... done it a few times and wasn't happy about it at all. I think it's so cute and now you have tempted me to cut mine... seriously. You should donate the pony tail to Jay... he'd probably get more use out of it and the gratitude would be endless.

Just ready Les's comment... to funny and very true ;)

Lars said...

Your hair!! I can't believe you actually cut it! But Julie's right-now I win the long hair contest!!

Tiff Holwege said...

Cute hair! Pretty scary to cut it all off though,huh?

Angie Tadje said...

Hey! I'll buy your hair so I can use it as extensions or make my hair thick and pretty! I had a braid almost that long from high school and I didn't know what to do with it so I saved it and Marcus saw it later and it grossed him out and he made me throw it away. haha.

Angie Tadje

Leslie Ricker said...

Wow miss popular with the 17....er, 18 comments!! How come nobody but Jenn thought my frizzy hair comment was funny? I'm still laughing cuz it's SO TRUE! You should send along that one picture of when you're little and your hair is literally sticking straight out from your head with frizz...just as a warning label. See ya in a couple weeks....

Allison Hill said...

You hair looks SO cute short! I love it!