So Jathan surprised me with a treat. A treat indeed. He took me to the play Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Now some of you may already know, but for those who aren't familiar with the Rodge Arnell Family... WE LOVE THIS MOVIE. We grew up with this movie and the majority of us have it memorized from "Bless your beautiful Hide" to "Spring, spring, spring", we also picked out characters in the movie, who we were supposed to be. Now I will tell you that I was Ruth, but not because of her curly hair or her blue dress or even because Caleb made that dreamy comment to Ruth "to the ends of the earth" ... but because of the way she was kidnapped. To this day, I still stand firm on the kidnapping and was quite disappointed there was no re-enactment of the kidnapping in the play. But what ever, I'll get over it.
The play was very entertaining and I loved it... thanks Jay!
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
The play was very entertaining and I loved it... thanks Jay!
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

They combined the morning they woke up to "fresh coffee" and "going courtin" which was actually funny because they were dancing in nothing but blankets and had to hold on tight.

Just some good ol' dancin

Jathan's first experience with 7 brides for 7 brothers... he's so excited... can't you tell???
Coming soon.... Aaron comes to town, and definitely left his mark
16 comments:
I cannot believe we lived together and have know eachother for as long as we have and I had no idea you loved this movie. It is one of my families very favorites also. In fact I was in the play in High School ( I was Martha) and one summer my parents, and Tanner and I went to Jackson Hole to see the play too. Well I guess you learn something new everyday. Now if I could just get Jake to watch it with me. I am glad you got to go I am sure it was a lot of fun. Talk to you laters. Hannah
The Barn dance alone makes this a worthwhile event...."come on Frank....." Gotta love it!
Okay how cute is Jay for surprising you with that!? What a good husband! I can just imagine you sitting there and perma-grinning the whole time! Good times.
LOVE IT!
seven bwudders :)
Heath, I absolutely love that Jay took you to see that! How fun! We miss you guys so much, the shakes, the memories... hope all is well! Love you!
When I first started dating the Redhead she would watch this movie with her roommates every Sunday. I was really creeped out by the whole thing. She made me sit through it once, and repeatedly tried to show me the scene where the guy is dancing with the ax. She is going to love you even more now that this little skeleton has come out of the closet.
What a perfectly wonderful husband! Eric could learn a thing or two from him.
Todd is jealous...
my favorite part is your snort because from what I could see there wasn't anything to laugh about at the moment. All I could think while watching that video was how Grandma would have loved to have gone.
I bet Heath didn't blink even once through the whole show! -Josh
I went to see the play a couple of years ago... from what I could tell, they have changed it a little bit. I loved it too! They actually reenacted the barn dance and it was pretty impressive. It's still not as good as the movie though, but worth seeing huh?
No fair! That would have been sooo fun! I made Randy sit through it once and only once. we were dating at the time....he refuses to watch it again. It must have scarred him.
Heather- Even I am jealouse that you saw that. Of course,I only appreciate it because I hung out at your house so much,and you can't really hang with the Arnells if you don't love seven brides for seven brothers. Ever since I read your post I have had the "lonely pole cat" song in my head. Kevin has watched it 3 times with me...and I am sure that won't be all. -Tiffany
Jay must be the best husband to take you to that! I loved that movie soooo much growing up!!! Bless your beautiful hide for bringing back the joy of 7 brides for 7 brothers into my life. HA- I think I'm going to put it on the top of our netflix list!
-- Missy
Heath, I was just looking at past xanga postings and it made me miss you guys SO much!! Have so much fun in Oregon for Thanksgiving- I seriously can't wait to see you! We are going to have a blast over Christmas break!
Post a Comment