So here we are, done with our second day.... and it's already going way too fast. Today we hung out in Santa Ana, this is where the Molina family lives and we were able to go in to the city and look around and we were able to try some home made ice cream... and it was pretty good. We went shopping at the mall which was pretty cool then we met everyone at a little pupuseria. It was as amazing! I think I'm addicted. it's the cheapest meal you can eat and it's by far the best meal. average price is 40 cents each, so we can both get completely full with 2 dollars. We came back to the Molina's and had family home evening and just hung out. Already, the Molina's have done so much for us, we don't know how we'll ever repay them for their kindness and hospitality.
Here are some pictures of our time in Ahuachapan and Ataco (which is west of Ahuachapan) and then Santa Ana today.
Here is a map of El Salv for those who have never taken a good look... you can barely see the country on the map.
Yesturday we went to church with the Molina's and here is their church
The Molina's neighbors just accross the fence..but their house is nothing like those. we'll put pictures of that tomorrow.
Driving on any road this is what you'll come accross. Jay stopped at one and bought some of his favorite fruit... Anonas
A taxie full of people... if you can't fit inside... hold on where you can!
This is Ataco... a city up on a mountain. I fell in love!
Just watching the crazy gringos walking down the street
Someone's door into their house
Weaving fabric. we'll put a video of this soon.. really cool.
Who needs a wheelbarrow?
this is what you call a "bolo" ... drunk guy
Jose, me, Daniela, Ernesto, Janet and Joaquin in front of a cool painting... Joaquin is where I got the name for our San Joaquin
You'll find a Cathedral in every city. This one was in Ahuachapan.
All the farmers take their cows on walk so they can eat. we are guessing that this is how these two got loose. pretty funny.
Senorita's making pupusas! and they were good!
washing my hands before I eat with them :) They don't have utensils for pupusas.. finger food.
Joaquin, Papa and Mama Molina and Jota enjoying their pupusas
Jose, Joaquin and I walking around Santa Ana
Well, its time for bed. see ya tomorrow.


















8 comments:
I love it! You are taking such amazing pictures and everything looks so beautiful. It's so cool you're able to do this trip, to see all Jota's old amigos. Cuidate!
Fun you guys! It looks like you are having a great time! I am glad things are going so well! It looks just like Guatemala- I can't wait to see how you enjoy Antigua Heath! We miss you and hope all is well- we leave in 6 days- I can't even believe it! Keep the pics coming!
Great photos dobles....looks like a whole lot a fun...minus the papusa thing....miss you guys!
It's so weird to think that that is normal life for so many people. What a great experience for you guys. Aren't we spoiled here in America?
Way to keep us posted. This is GREAT! Keep it up. Be careful.
You guys are great! I didn't expect a post so soon! Actually I didn't expect a post at all! It looks so fun and so beautiful! Wish I was there! How much are those blankets? And are they different than the ones we got in Mexico? If they are, I may want one :) Keep up the posting. Glad you'r having a great time. Church was great. 5 Kids from the trek talked about the experience and then Bruce Allphin spoke. He did a great job. Can't believe it has been 2 yrs already. David will speak this Sun. It is really great having him home too. He heads to BYU next week, then Shauna will have to watch out for him! Be save, cause si ti amo. Madre.
I am so glad that you guys are able to go on this awesome trip together. Who has San Joaquin? I enjoyed learning where you got his name from. Enjoy yourselves... what a great experience! ~ Jacki
I like Jacki's Anonas too. Watch out for the bolos! Love, Tood
Post a Comment