Sunday, April 15, 2007

Friends from El Slav come to visit!

Well my mission companion came up for general conference. He and his family came up from El Salvador for about 2 weeks. He was my third companion and we were great pals. it was really fun to have him here. they loved it here, and were able to do some things that they had never done before, such as, Go karts, Shoot shotguns, Snowboarding, see live sessions of general conference, etc. I have always told Heather that we need to go back to El Salvador, and she has always wanted to... but I think that having them here, and hearing them talk about their country really pushed her over the edge and got her really excited. The 3 of the brothers were planning out our trip, and Heath heard them mention the beach, so then she was all for it. well, it was really fun to have them here, and it will be a lot of fun staying with them in August. Here are the Pics.

here we are at The Pie Pizzeria (best pizza in town)
DiVall, Ernesto (aka Molina), and I
P1010240

here it is..... muy grande
P1010235

his parents and older brother Joaquin
P1010236



here are some pictures from Boondocks, where we rode go karts, and hit balls in the batting cages.

in line for the Go Karts... which they loved by the way
( Joaquin, Molina (my companion), and Jose')
P1010345

Joaquin, Molina's backside, DiVall and Payne (mission buddies), Payne's wife Krystal, and Jose'
P1010340

He was freaked out inside of here, and look at the yellow ball. you can tell how slow it was coming at him =)
P1010365

Molina and DiVall at the Mayan... we went again. They had to see the divers.
P1010253

and one for Heath, her Sawyer.
P1010348


More pictures of snowboarding and shooting will come later.

in other news, all is great. My family is coming up next week because Josh and I both graduate. Josh is ONLY getting his masters degree, but I am getting a very sophisticated Associates degree... just Joshin. Congrats bro.

Hasta Luego!!!

12 comments:

Leslie Ricker said...

Love you guys...we'll miss you so much when we leave! Dobles are meant to be together forever!! Have you heard of PSU?? And yes...you will miss me and Josh too, not just Sawyer...

Roger Arnell said...

Can't tell who some of the folks are because of their face distrotions. What is wrong with just a smile? Oh, by the way, Judy Lyun wants to be a "mouse-in-Heather's-pocket this August!

Krista Griffiths said...

Hey kids! When are we going to hang out. I guess I can finally forgive you and we can be friends again. :) Well maybe I will forgive Prima...don't know if I am ready for Jay or not. Seriously though we need to get together! I am temporarily lifting the shun...congrats on your associates Jay...Shunning resumed.

Leslie Ricker said...

Nice Krista...good one!

Leslie Ricker said...

Krista...I was even picturing the noise of the shun and the un-shun in my head as I read what you wrote...love it!

Julie Kirby said...

Someone watched "The Office" last week. Ha Ha!

If I didn't know you people I would have been offended by all the wandering hands & hanging tongues. You people. I guess you always have a good time, or so it would seem by your photos. You guys are good hosts.

Leslie Ricker said...

Fixed the newel post...your welcome!

Erin Linthorst said...

Heath- I just read all the comments from the posting we were talking about at my birthday party- WHAT A FREAK!!! Miss you mucho! Erin

Lauren Hansen said...

Hey best friend, and best friends husband. just wanted to say hi and that I miss y'all. peace out.

Jenn Stewart said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun with Jay's mission buddies. Have fun getting ready for your big trip! We're jealous... love ya

Amanda Radford said...

Hey Rickers! Good to see you too! Lets plan to have you over for dinner. Let us know how your schedules are. Oh Allyson Strasburg is in town Monday. We are planning on going to dinner so let us know if you would want to join!

Lauren Hansen said...

You guys got a dog? Cool! I'm pretty jealous. He's a good looker. You coming home for Memorial Day. Someone shall be getting a call tomorrow since it's someone's birthday, ok, that's you Heath. I'll talk to you tomorrow :)