Hello everyone! We’ve been keeping pretty busy around here. I started my job a couple of weeks ago and I have really enjoyed it! I’m with 5th and 6th graders now and lots of boys… so sometimes it can be different, but the kids are SO cute. They’re broken little things with some tough pasts. But it’s going well, and I’m looking forward to having the classroom to myself to start new incentives and other ideas to try and motivate the kids, I guess we’ll see how it goes. Did a mention I love having weekends off?
The fam has been in town, which is always a pleasure! The boys stayed with me one night since I had a day off, then that night we took them to The Mayan. It’s this pretty cool place where all the tables are set up to look like we’re in a giant tree house, then every 15 minutes these guys come out and would dive 40 feet, doing all sorts of tricks into the water. It was pretty fun to watch.
Jay crashed snowboarding a couple of weeks ago and tore a ligament in his shoulder and gouged his shin, needing stitches. He got home and he had a dime size hole in his shin to the bone and this is all he could say; “it’ll heal, I’ll just dump some hydrogen peroxide and it’ll be good… it’s the Ricker way”. And I said; I aint no Ricker… I’m a Rickter… and we go to instacare! We took him in, of course the first thing they did was stitch him up. Then some x-rays were taken where Jay fainted… the Ricker way once again. I was waiting out the door (inconsiderate lady wouldn’t let me in) when Jay comes out in a wheelchair and hooked up to oxygen. Rickers! He’s looking good, and his shoulder is feeling better everyday.
Oh’ and we sold our Honda! Yay!
We got a new dresser a couple of weeks ago. We’ve been dresser-less-ly since we’ve been married and we've been in desperate need of one. We finally found a great deal on one, exactly the amount we received from our parents for Christmas… so THANKS PADRES! Since it was a great deal, I had it painted at this little antique shop here in town. Although Momacita Arnell thinks I could have painted it just as good myself... I think she forgets the crafty thing doesn’t pass down, like my fabulous finger toe.
Well, I think I’m done. This is way too long.
Pictures...





















3 comments:
I think that restaurant sound so cool. Why have I never been there? I could have done without the pants shot. Gross.
Good pictures!! I am glad you are loving your new job! Did your family leave today? How sad!! That's the worst!! Well...at least spring break is almost here!!
sorry to hear about jay... send him our love. cute dresser too!!
Post a Comment