The Alder and Arnell families visiting Grandma and Grandpa.... These were the last picture's I could find with Ash


I think I can speak for most of my family when I say some of my greatest memories are the many many LATE LATE night games of Run Sheep Run on the farm. We'd play all night long and get yelled at by both sets of parents to go to bed. BUT that wouldn't stop us. Although, one time we stopped fairly early due to Aaron running up on a huge pile of manure, only to reach the top and sink thigh deep. All we could do was laugh, it took everything I had NOT to pee my pants, especially after Aaron hollered at me to find a long board to help him out. Ashlee must have been 7 or 8 when Run Sheep Run came into play.... her and Shauna always had the "best" hiding spots... somewhere nearby.... maybe sitting in the truck :) They usually paired up until they got older and brave enough to venture the farm for good hiding spots.
Things wont be the same without her. She is in our hearts forever along with the great memories.


I think I can speak for most of my family when I say some of my greatest memories are the many many LATE LATE night games of Run Sheep Run on the farm. We'd play all night long and get yelled at by both sets of parents to go to bed. BUT that wouldn't stop us. Although, one time we stopped fairly early due to Aaron running up on a huge pile of manure, only to reach the top and sink thigh deep. All we could do was laugh, it took everything I had NOT to pee my pants, especially after Aaron hollered at me to find a long board to help him out. Ashlee must have been 7 or 8 when Run Sheep Run came into play.... her and Shauna always had the "best" hiding spots... somewhere nearby.... maybe sitting in the truck :) They usually paired up until they got older and brave enough to venture the farm for good hiding spots.
Things wont be the same without her. She is in our hearts forever along with the great memories.
2 comments:
It's so funny that you mention "run sheep run"...last night when I laid down to go to sleep, I was thinking about Ashlee and I thought of that game and distinctly heard her laugh in my mind...crazy that we only have our memories of her now...I had forgotten how her and Shauna had always been the "easy" targets when they were younger...good memories that we'll cherish for our life time...
Hey, remember when we all would go to the school gym and play dodge ball and roll on the scooters? That was fun...See, Teri would be sleeping like a normal person during run sheep run.
Post a Comment