Jay Day continued! I had a fun date planned for Jay, the day after his birthday.
I didn't tell him what we were doing and I planned babysitters for the kids. Thank you Jacki and Teri!! :) We dropped off the kids then we came back home, loaded up the bikes and then I told him what were doing for the day. He was super excited. We've talked about doing this since we've moved home 4 years ago.
We drove to Gresham Main City Park and parked our van and jumped on the Spring Water Trail which takes you all the way to Portland and from that point I believe it was 16 miles. It was a pretty easy ride on a very HOT day. But luckily, you didn't notice how hot it was till you stopped and the wind wasn't blowing on ya. We crossed over into Portland cooled off on the waterfront and people watched some pretty amazing people. ;) We rode our bikes until we found a place to eat and enjoyed the nice meal together. We ran out of time and had to head back home, so we hopped onto the max that took us all the way back into Gresham where we got off and rode out bikes to our car. It was a fun date with just the two of us. I hope that we can do it again soon! Happy Birthday Jathan!!!












No comments:
Post a Comment