Monday, August 20, 2012

Girls camp!

In the middle of July I headed out to Girls Camp for a whole week. I was really hesitant of going, even to the day I left. But once I got there, immediately I left better and knew it would all be okay. I worked in the kitchen with 4 other ladies, we had a lot of fun and I made some really great friends. It was at Camp Alpine, which is where I spent ALL my years at girls camp. 1st year to second year YCL, plus a camp fire specialist, life guard and a 4th year leader. I think I counted 9 years that I have spent there.. this being my 10th. Camp Alpine had sure changed. They have really added and upgraded since we were there.
I took pictures of the different areas that have changed for my sisters and friends who spent many years at Camp Alpine with me. It sure made me reminisce about my years spent there, the friends that were made, the hilarious memories that immediately puts a smile on my face just thinking about. I wished at times I could go back and be sitting on my cot with my friends, sleeping under the stars, staying up all night talking and laughing about who knows what. And dancing and singing as lively and loudly as we possibly could during campfire. So many wonderful memories. 

The 4th year site.. hasn't changed much

The creek that you had to cross to the YCL area.. there isn't much water there anymore. This is where Ang Ricker submerged her whole body due to a dare. I love that girl. And who would have guessed, she would end up being my sister-in-law :)

The pond.. New deck, ladder and a zip line

This is where Lauren and I hung up our bunk bed hammocks when we were 4th year leaders with Kathy Ricker.. again.. I never would have guessed that someday Kat would be my mother-in-law :)

I certainly never had this when I was lifeguard!

The old camp fire pit... no more log seating. They don't even have campfire here anymore

Inside Helamens Hall

Dinner one night with the Powell Valley ward

I made this for Gwen one night

An ALL enclosed Helamens Hall, complete with Bathrooms and a nurses station on the left

Powell Valley ward, doing dishes... 

We had a crazy thunder and lightning storm one night... it will be a night to remember.


Skit night... 
 
 
Powell Valley girls doing their skit... 
 

Chapel..

The kitchen crew :)

Camp Fire.. I love it! Adults are more silly then the girls

All the YCL's :)

I do love girls camp, its a very special place. ALL the girls WANT to be there and they're all lively and spirited. It's something special that you might have to witness to actually believe what I'm talking about.

No comments: