
"My boots"
Gwen is kind of attached to these little butterfly boots. She has loved them since the day she got them (last may), but it's only been the last month or so that she really really loves them. It's to the point that she cries when I take them off to change her diaper, change clothes, bath her & heaven forbid, take them off for bedtime. By night time her socks are soaked and both her feet & boots smell. Reek, is a better word. I actually hid them last week so that they could air out and that I could have a little break from daily battles that comes with these boots. Of course everyday, the first thing she says in the morning is "boots". Good morning to you too, miss Gwen! So, the question is... do I hide the boots on a regular basis, or buy her another pair to hopefully rotate them so they can air out? or is it even really a big deal and let the girl have her boots... smelly and all?!
And is it normal to have your almost 2 year old, call you by your first name?
Gwen is kind of attached to these little butterfly boots. She has loved them since the day she got them (last may), but it's only been the last month or so that she really really loves them. It's to the point that she cries when I take them off to change her diaper, change clothes, bath her & heaven forbid, take them off for bedtime. By night time her socks are soaked and both her feet & boots smell. Reek, is a better word. I actually hid them last week so that they could air out and that I could have a little break from daily battles that comes with these boots. Of course everyday, the first thing she says in the morning is "boots". Good morning to you too, miss Gwen! So, the question is... do I hide the boots on a regular basis, or buy her another pair to hopefully rotate them so they can air out? or is it even really a big deal and let the girl have her boots... smelly and all?!
And is it normal to have your almost 2 year old, call you by your first name?
5 comments:
Cute boots!
And yes, it's totally normal! Both my older kids have done it!
Ha Ha. I think this is so funny and cute. Andee loved some boots of hers for a while but not to that extent. I would probably hide them here and there just cause I would get sick of fighting but it probably doesn't matter. Andee calls Adam by his name all the time. She wishes she could marry him. She gives him lovey looks... now that's weird. Wow this is a long comment but one more thing. We want you guys to move to Idaho in a year and a half.
oh little gwenners, you are so adorable. i don't think i could ever say no to that little face.
but you wouldn't have to say no if you bought her another pair of boots. but you know you may be starting a lifelong addiction (see my shoe closet), right? :)
haha, what is with our girls and boots! Rian has the same infatuation with her pink boots and yes the smell is AWFUL! I do hide the boots on occasion, but mostly I just let her wear them. :) Just so much easier that way. Although she doesn't mind having bubbles on her toes at the end of the day to clean those feet! When I do hide them, I fill the boots up with bleach water and let it set. It does take away the smell and keep them germ free for a little while anyway. She had white lining in her boots, so the bleach was okay. You might want to try that! Good luck!
If you are that worried about it, get her a 2nd pair & then when the 2nd pair doesn't wear out, send them to me because they are darn cute. Personally, I don't care if my kids feet stink. So do their butts half the time...
Olivia called Jared by his first name until she was 4 & Lilly calls me Julie half the time, so no, it's not abnormal.
Post a Comment