MaRcH!
The first of March, I flew out to DC for Julie's wedding. I met Lars out there, and met her adorable little one and we spend the whole weekend together. Julie was beautiful and we are so excited for her and TH. They are a fun couple and marriage will be a piece of cake for them =) Congrats to you guys again. We sure do love you!
So while we were booking my tickets for DC, we realized there were no flights available back to Portland on Sunday. So I'd stay in DC for an extra day. Lars had already booked her ticket to leave Sunday, and I knew Julie would be off on her honeymoon, so I thought I guess I'll have a day to tour on my own. So somewhere after that, we looked into me flying into LA on that Sunday because the Ricker family was already going to be there. What do you know, a flight open. We all decided to make a trip out of it, and invited my parents too. My parents, Leslie, Joaquin, Jay & kids all left Friday morning in the motorhome, The Rickers & Josh flew out Saturday morning and got there around the same time Saturday afternoon. Then I flew in Sunday to meet up with them. They did Universal studios before I got there, then Disney Land on Monday, then California Adventure on Tuesday. It was such a blast! I hadn't been to Disneyland since I was a kid, and Jay had never been. We definitely needed more days there... Disneyland is too big to hit everything in one day. I guess we'll just have to go back =) A big THANK YOU to both our parents for making it possible to all be together and have a fun trip.
Here's some pictures of our trips...
Julie's wedding in D.C.

Diego hanging out with Gwen. Jay said there were tons of kids waiting their turn for Diego, saying "it's out turn", but Diego didn't care and hung out with Gwen for a few minutesDisneyland



So Jay, Gwen & I sat behind my parents on the Toy Story ride. The ride started, we look and both my parents have their buzz light-year guns and are shooting at things.It was just a funny image. Parents, no kids, shooting the toy gun.



California Adventure

The Tower of TerrorWe went on this ride like 5 times, and even got Kathy & Soy to go on it. My mom wouldn't. All the tricking and lying didn't work. Kathy & Soy say they wont do it again.
Jay & Jade posing for the camera, Kathy screaming and about to pee her pants, John man enjoying the view, Dad enjoying all the excitement. Heather, Chum & apparently random guy on the front left laughing at Kathy, And the two behind my dad are giving the ride "a double thumbs up" which I think we all (minus Kat) would agree.
Chum and Leslie concerned for Soy, Josh thinking something is funny, Soy's not sure what's going on, and girl behind Leslie, looking pretty for the cameraOn California adventure's Ferris wheel
Maybe you had to be there, but we thought it was pretty funny
Maybe you had to be there, but we thought it was pretty funny
Another video of the Ferris Wheel
Why is it so entertaining to watch people who are scared?
Why is it so entertaining to watch people who are scared?

























6 comments:
Oh so much fun!! I'm so ready to go back!! Okay, must say that I love Jay without his shirt on...so Jay! Also love the videos...it IS funny to watch people who are scared. It's amazing what grandparents will do for their grandson who wants to go on the Mickey Ferris Wheel ride...our kiddos are sure lucky to have gone to Disneyland with both sets of grandparents...I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen very often! Yes..many thanks to both parentals for all the fun!!
Oh man wish we could have joined you! We are going in September but it would be so much more fun with the Ricker/Arnell clan!!! Miss you guys!!
I got tricked into going on Tower of Terror and seriously thought I was going to yack or die! HATED it, my daughter loved it and went on it half a dozen times.
So fun! I wish I could have just flown back with you...Oh well, at least you're coming to visit me! FINALLY!
I love disneyland, especially with kids....so fun. I love gwens pic of kisses goodbye!!!
She has arnell lips :) :)
I get the feeling that our children will be able to recite Simpson's lines to one another when they eventually meet up.
Post a Comment