Friday, December 18, 2009

Thanksgiving, amongst other things...

Is it really almost Christmas? What the heck! We had a fun month of birthdays, Thanksgiving, family and friends in town. Chad & Chase had their birthdays mid-November and had a party for their 16th & 12th birthdays. Then the Stewarts and Shauna came to town for Thanksgiving and were here for a whole week! It was great to have lots of family here for Thanksgiving. We also had our good friends, the Kimmings family here for Thanksgiving and it was so fun to have them here and hope they know they have been adopted into the Arnell Clan... and there's no turning back! We had an awesome Thanksgiving with a turkey shoot, family, food, games, shopping, Beatles Rockband and more fun!

We're doing great! We're excited for Gwen's first Christmas, even though she'll have no clue what's going on, but exciting none the less. Jay's still working for a translating company, but we're hoping for a different translating job that sounds promising and it's full time :) I have been watching Quinn everyday for some time now. She sure is a cutie, full of excitement and energy! Gwen and I love it!

Gwen is growing like a weed and I can't believe she's 9 1/2 months old! She's everywhere! She's been walking along furniture for months now, and has been taking a few steps more and more everyday, so we're just waiting for the big day where she can officially walk. Crazy! She thoroughly enjoys putting EVERYTHING in her mouth. Seriously. No joke... not even exaggerating a little bit. And she'll eat it too, if I can't get to her quick enough. Last month I found a puzzle piece in her diaper. Can't wait to see what comes out next ;) Gwen is my sleepy sleeperson. She sleeps 12 hours and has been since she was just a baby, and will sleep in 'til 10:00. This makes for a happy Heath! I still get to enjoy my late nights and sleep-ins. Oh' the joys of motherhood ;) She's a happy thing... always with a smile.

So, on to pictures...

Soy and Quinn at the birthday boys' party!

The birthday boys... Chad (16) and Chase (12). I'm so OLD!

This is how Gwen spent her time at the party

The joys of living at my parents... seeing family daily....
Teri holding Finn, Chase with Gwen

Just a daily routine for Gwen ;)

Gwen, meet your new doble, Finn.
(I think she likes him!)

Little Jaidyn comes for a visit

Bentley and Sawyer doing their duties

09' babies! BFF's!

Thanksgiving o9'
Arnells, Crawfords, Rickers, Rickters, Stewarts and Kimmings

My cousin, Kevin stopped by with his wifey, Hailey and baby Carter

Jay, Josh, Annie & Alex

Chase, Jono, Myself, Chum and Soy

Jay, Jono, Coke, Annie, Coke 0 and Alex


You know I can't finish a post with out lots of pictures of the Gwenster...

Hello people!

Gwen LOVES Sawyer's chair... she played with it for over an hour the other night

Gwen's cage
Looks as though Gwen is enjoying a blue screen. What a wierdo!

She's been laying like this lately, while watching Signing Time or Christmas videos

And sitting like this...

Too busy to look at the camera... this girl LOVES Signing Time

Gwen loves to play the drums, so here she's giving me the "please, can I have the drumsticks back?"

One, not of Gwen... but I had to include Soy's mini fort
(that I rebuilt every 5 minutes because Soy is really good at destroying things... BUT "it was an accident" therefore.. I build and I build....

Climbing onto the couch

Stealing Finn's binky, I guess she liked it better than the one hooked onto her dress

Despite what this picture looks like, Gwen LOVES Sawyer ;)

Just a little stuck




Gwen listening to a Christmas Music video


Flips with Dad

Well, that brings you up to date...

We sure hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and wish everyone a Merry Christmas.
We love you all, The Rickters

4 comments:

Krista Griffiths said...

So fun!!! It was great spending time with you guys!! We will miss you next week in Utah. Have a great Christmas!!!

Adam Matthews said...

Hey! Gwen's hair is already as long or longer than Andee's! Not Fair! She's cute! I love that she pooped a puzzle piece. That seems like it would've been painful! Did that make the poop blog?
Krista

Jenn said...

Lol! Very entertaining! Where are my pictures of the '09' BFF's? I know I had copies... ?Poor Bent misses all the fun and excitement over there. I'm looking forward to our summer trip!! Soy and Gwen crack me up. Soy's fort and Gwen's position for watching tv. Loved the post! We miss you guys.

Lauren said...

Gwen looks ginormous compared to Jaidyn and Finn! What cute cousins! I miss you and we live so close! Lets hang out soon please!