Sunday, July 23, 2006

Summer fun

Well life has been good. We've been having some good times. It sure is hot here in Utah though.. too hot to do anything fun outside thats for sure. tomorrow is Pioneer Day... so the whole state has the day off!!! there are some advantages of living here. so we might go to a public pool or something. we get to go home to see the new Ricker in 2 weeks...we are excited to meet the little guy, and a little excited to see the rest of you Oregonians too.

We went up to Solitude and played disc golf down the mountain.You take a lift up and play all the way down. It was crazy! I think we spent most of our time looking for our disc's though. but it was awesome!!! there were 18 wholes and it took us almost 5 hours. We highly recommend it :) here are some pics.

P1010028
Jay getting getting ready to throw

Jay and another guy looking for their disc's....

We went to Guy Hill Jr's baby blessing a couple of weeks ago...

Griffin, myself and Jay

Guy & Jay... doing what they do best


4th of July!! we hung out with Oregonians! We went out to eat then went up on the mountain and watched all the fire work shows through out the valley.

Paxson, Jay, Griffin and Dave

Alicia, Erin and I


Lagoon Lagoon Lagoon!!


Jay and I playing BINGO... we won a whoppin 40 bones

Pratt and Mark on the white roller coaster

The gang

8 comments:

Julie Kirby said...

So what I want to know is is that golf thing set up already or did you make up your own game. I love that game & think that'd be a fun day for us. Let me know.

Roger Arnell said...

Heath... great to hear from you. I miss hearing from you... especially on my birthday! Thanks for your portion of the gift though. I have used it some, and will more as I get more books recorded. See ya in a couple of weeks.

Leslie Ricker said...

Sorry we let you down dobles...we forgot to call you and remind you to call Dad for his b-day! So, so sorry! We got a good laugh when Dad asked us why you didn't call! Can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks. Sawyer is growing so fast...he'll be talking by the time you guys get here....looks like a lot of fun, but the only thing missin'...is US!! Love you!

Lauren Layne said...

Best friend! You are coming to visit! I can't believe it! Will you tell me the exact dates so I can put them on my calendar and plan on coming to visit you guys out in G-Town? I miss you two and can't wait to make a taco bell run with you hooray!!!!!! PS Jay Man sorry for never calling you back-I suck :( We'll catch up when you get into town :)

Pam Anderson said...

Heather...you know you have the coolest eyes EVER! I have never heard of that disc thing. Do you just run down the mountain throwing frisbies around?

Serra White said...

frisbee golf is fun, I didnt know they had an official course for it. thats awesome.

Jay said...

Hey everyone... this is Jay. sounds like there's a few questions about the Frolf... Frisbee golf. well my little brothers are huge into it, we have to give them the credit. they go at least once a day, so they got us into it. it is really fun. and yes there are several courses here in our area, the one that we posted pics of is up at a ski resort (solitude). and its just like it sounds, golf, but with a frisbee.. but instead of a hole, you aim for a basket. it really is a blast. you guys should all try it. i think there is a course in Logan, if you Google it, i'm sure it will pop up. i think there is a course on the USU campus, but not sure. and several more here in Utah. Look into it, let us know if you go... we're sure you will like it. the best part is that it is free.(at most courses anyway) and it is lots o fun. Enjoy. glad everyone was interested. Jay

Randy Crawford said...

Frolf is a total hippie game/sport...can't belive it's so popular!