I just wanted to write about Oscar at age two. I can't believe he's already two and I wanted to document a few things about him and his little personality, so I can always remember this stage in his life. I adore this little boy!
When I think of Oscar, a few words come to mind...
When I think of Oscar, a few words come to mind...
-Lovable. Oh' man is the boy lovable! I've never seen a kid give such great hugs. Both arms wrapped around your neck, legs wrapped around your body and he'll squeeze and squeeze until you've melted into a puddle.


-Mischievous. There's different definitions of this word... This is Oscars definition...
*(of a person, animal, or their behavior) Causing or showing a fondness for causing trouble in a playful way.
Now let me explain that he does it only in a playful way. For example... When Gwen was this age she'd run away from me because she's curious wanting to explore the world, when Oscar runs away from me, he's laughing and looking back at me thinking he's the funniest kid around.
He's in it for the chase, the fun, the reaction... He's in it for the laugh.
So as you can imagine, it causes trouble a lot, whether its jumping on the couch, stealing his sisters toys, not laying still for diaper changes, etc... It's all fun and games to him and has the biggest smile on his face.
-Endearing: He loves affection, and quite often gives me loves, whether its a hug, smile, head resting on me,
or a simple touch for no particular reason. He has an endearing smile that I just can't get enough of
The boy can eat. He loves to eat!! He would eat all day long if I'd let him.
He knows a few tunes and he starting to sing more and more everyday. He's starting to copy his sister & father, and sing these tunes and use whatever words he wants to.
For example, he'll sing; Mommy, mommy, mommy-mo....my... to the tune "This is Halloween" from Nightmare before Christmas.
He also sings:
*Good Day Sunshine, Beatles
*A Little Mermaid song (the one she looses her voice to Ursala)
*Bungalow Bill, Beatles
*Rio theme song, from the movie Rio
and a few Primary Songs.

He knows a few tunes and he starting to sing more and more everyday. He's starting to copy his sister & father, and sing these tunes and use whatever words he wants to.
For example, he'll sing; Mommy, mommy, mommy-mo....my... to the tune "This is Halloween" from Nightmare before Christmas.
He also sings:
*Good Day Sunshine, Beatles
*A Little Mermaid song (the one she looses her voice to Ursala)
*Bungalow Bill, Beatles
*Rio theme song, from the movie Rio
and a few Primary Songs.

Oscar loves it when people make a big deal out of him (I mean, who wouldn't love that?). His favorite people in the world are aunt Teri and cousin Chad. They have ALWAYS made a big deal over him and he loves being their center of attention. If you want to be loved by Oscar all you have to do is show him that you think he's number one!
He thinks he's big stuff lately, climbing and jumping all over the place. Half the time he gets "stuck" and we have to rescue him, and he thinks he's more coordinated than he actually is... But hey, I'll give credit where credit is due... He IS getting better at the climbing thing. And has been really practicing on his jumping. I really need to get it on video. He is hilarious!!
He's talking a lot more lately, saying things like; Yes, night-night, "hungy" hungry, thirsty, blueberry, cereal, apple, chase, chad, book, movie, highchair, gramma, grandpa, jump, banana, puppy, one-two-three, Slide, play, Love you, Out (out of highchair), down, beeby (binky), more, "chech chech roll up" cheesy roll up. And he'll repeat just about any word you ask him to say.
I could just die over his dance moves.... Hands in fists, chest out, booty out... usually to one side. and he'll shake his booty and shoulders while swinging his arms and fists all over the place. Just picture Steve Martin dancing. Favorite.thing.ever.
He eats hair. Don't ask... I have no idea.
When he's being mischievous (standing in his high chair, throwing his food or playing with my couch cushions to name a few examples) and I walk over towards him to discipline him, he immediately closes his eyes... Cause you know, I can't see him when his eyes are closed.
He has a belly button that is very much an "outy", that I even mistook if for a kix one day.
I can't decide what I love most about his little face. His big eyes... Big and blue. I could stare at them all day. His little dimple on his left cheek, that you can barely see hiding under all his cheeks, but it's darling when I get a glimpse. Which leads me to his cheeks.. Oh' those giant drooping cheeks. I could pinch them all day... And sometime I do. His hair... It's starting to curl again and I adore it. And his smile. Oh' that smile. I am in love with his little smile! And let's not forget his giant head that's bigger than his body. While his height and weight are both in the 20th percentile, his head is in the 85th percentile... no wonder we can never get a shirt to fit over his head. ;)


And my recent favorite... I will say to Oscar;
"Oscar, where are your manners?" (when he doesn't say please or thank you) and he replies "I dunno!" with his hands up in the air, like his manners are lost and he can't find them.
Happy Birthday my sweet, sweet Oscar! I absolutely adore you!
Love, Mommers


No comments:
Post a Comment